which filter/eq do you prefer for internal mixing?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default which filter/eq do you prefer for internal mixing?

So... yeah, I kind of just found out you could change them. They were defaulted to the ladder filter, and the p600 eq. I'm playing around with them a little to find out which ones I like best.

I feel like the ladder filter is really expressive, but the xone filter might be better for transitions?

Hey sine. I usually use the p600 when we dont use the mixers, but my brother reckons its got a flat spot in it so he uses NUO the times he's had a jam on pro. Personal preference i guess with the eq's. Some ppl don't like the ladder filter as it adds some colour to the sound, i like it tho.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Yeah, I mean, the ladder filter definitely adds a lot of color to the track, and actually drops raises the output when you are going from 0 to 20ish%. I wish there was a way to easily switch between filters, would really add to the versatility.

I'm actually really liking the xone eq's, and I might remap my vci so those 4 knobs control the eq, and the knob that is gain on eans mapping controls the filter.

Yep the xone is good. Bit of a bugger most controllers dont have 4 eq knobs eh. we are getting a xone 62 for the crew at xmas, so i best get used to the mid low and mid highs asap.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

more knobs can be a blessing and a curse I guess. Wish I had 3 or 4 arms to be honest, cause then I know I could make my mixes go better.

well to be honest you dont really need to mess with the mids too much. but you can never have enough things to fiddle with.

Tech Guru

i dunno... I find i'm usually all over the mids, when I'm bringing in a new song, I usually start with the mids during the break, and use my eq as a mini x fader.

well the xone eq might suit your style better mate. bit more control over those midrange freaks
    When you go external its a different story tho. totally different feel and better imo.

Tech Guru

haha. thats the thing, still trying to nail down whatever my style might be, as I really dont know yet. I'm just messing around, trying to find out what sounds good.

Would love to have cash to drop on an external mixer, or have friends with gear in the area... but I just dont at the moment.

small steps buddy. the gear will come in time, just work on getting more awesome in the meantime! what sorta stuff you play anyway dude?
    I'm actually jamming in traktor, eating pizza and watching tv right now. god i'm good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast