ableton push or Raven multitouch control

Default ableton push or Raven multitouch control

So i'm slowly learning the ins and outs of ableton. Thinking of speeding things up with the new ableton push 2. Waiting for black friday hoping for some good deals.

But now i'm a bit confused just stumbled on this new 27 inch multi touch controller. For you hard core ableton users what do you think of this raven multitouch control. It seems for only 200 dollars more you get a lot more features and being a midi controller as well couldn't you do the most things on this as what you could achieve with the push 2.

Really like to hear your input.

Here are some video's.

Last edited by souldancer; 11-16-2015 at 10:32 PM.
    http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

Thats a super good price. Def go with the raven!
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

I wouldn't. Live & Push2 is just an awesome combination. You are gonna learn SO much quicker.

Honestly, if I was starting out producing today, there is nothing that I would buy beside Live 9.5 and Push2.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

The Raven seems like a really great tool, for mixing. Push on the other hand, IMO is much better for sequencing and arranging. For instance, it's really easy for me to get a drum pattern banged out using Push and then adding minute differences in velocity, timing, effects, etc. with Push. These things don't look possible in Raven. But from a mixing perspective, Raven looks much better than Push - that is if you are ok with a touch system. Personally, I'd rather manually rotate a physical dial than use touch. And if you're looking at the Raven, I also suggest you look at the Softube Console 1.

But to start - to get more productivity out of Live, I'd go Push no doubt.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Holy shit that thing is cool

Someone like me, who is not a fan of the Push due to it clashing with my workflow can only drool over a system like that

Thanks all, for the feedback, i have bought the push 2. It finally arrived here in the Caribbean.
    http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

Raven is great for mixing, but not for straight production. Get the push, then later on get the Raven.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Default What kind of producer are you?

Before I would make such a big hardware purchase I would ask myself, what kind of producer am I? I mainly produce house and other edm nowadays so a push wouldn't do much for me. I own an akai advance 49. I bought it because I play chords and melodies myself and draw my drums out. The 8 huge pads are more than enough for the drum playing I do. And I also build my entire track from the arrangement view. I also own a launchpad so I am familiar with sequencing that way, but it's just not for me.