Audio 4 DJ vs Audio Kontrol (help =D)

Default Audio 4 DJ vs Audio Kontrol (help =D)

this may be a stupid question: can the Audio Kontrol be used as a sound interface card? i've been shopping around for a sound card to use in conjunction with my apc, its down to those two (that is IF the Audio Kontrol can be used in that way).
    i'm attracted to the Audio Kontrol because i'm also interested in recording sounds from my hardware synths/guitars. if this can be used to record/midi interface, it would save me quiet a bit of money.

also, is there any loss of sound quality when going from a 1/4" connection to RCA cables?

I got an AK1 and love it. I think if you want to record sounds i would go with that. It is a soundcard too. I use it with traktor pro on internal mixing mode but it can be used with an external mixer to.

If you want to get active monitors too, for production etc, it's better to have the AK1 as the 1/4" jack connectors are better.

When i use it in a club i just use RCa cables with 2 x 1/4" adapters and there is no loss of quality at all (or at least it is imperceptible).

It's also very solid and rugged.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

awesome! i use ableton internal mixing. i'm not too sure on how to connect this to an external mixer (i'm switching from the ns7 lol). on the back of the AK1 there are four 1/4 slots, do the adapters you use form a "Y" with the top two being the RCA and the bottom being the 1/4? or am i completely wrong lol.

do i have to use two of the 1/4 slots?

Mind you, these outputs are all Mono! So effectively, you got only 2 stereo outs: 1 master, 1 monitor.

I use this cable to plug into the Line-ins of any given mixer.

If you want to go the external mixing route someday, you might want to opt for the Audio 4 DJ.
    Everytime you hit SYNC, an old paradigm dies a little.
    Setup: MBP 13", Audio Kontrol 1, VCI 100 1.3, Maschine, Traktor Pro 1.2.2

I wack 2 of these on the end of a regular old stereo rca cable

http://www.amazon.com/RCA-Jack-Mono-.../dp/B0002KR5PG.

If you wanted to go with external mixer you would just need 2 x rcs cables and 4 x adapters.

The only advantage of a Audio 4 DJ is if you wanted to use Traktor Scratch with control vinyl...
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

thanks so much guys, i'll probably be picking this up later today

Tech Mentor

so 4 channel external mixing would be possible with ak1?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DennisJ View Post
    so 4 channel external mixing would be possible with ak1?
    Only if you were willing to have 4 mono channels. There are 4 total outs, which translates to 2 stereo outs.
    DJ Setup: Traktor Pro 1.2, VCI-100 SE, Audio Kontrol 1, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, Dell Inspiron E1505
    Other: MC-909, MC-505, Ableton Live 8, Reason 3, ReCycle 2, Traktor DJ Studio 3, BCD2000, Yamaha KX25, Radium 49, Korg nanoKONTROL
    Check out my tech-house mix on Soundcloud: Trickin' Out Tha Bird

Tech Student

I have this:

Isn't that the better way from that to use Mono connectors?