This is for Ean Golden and anyone else DJing in loud environments, and I wasn't sure how to get this info relayed to him, so I'll post it for the world to see. In fact, he may already know of this since he has Tinnitus.

Hydergine is a "vitamin" of sorts, that is, from what I understand, supposed to reverse the effects of Tinnitus, along with other things. It repairs the cells that are damaged from hearing loss. Figured this would be good info for any DJ, specifically to Ean Golden, who has Tinnitus.
I have one of many article snip-its below as well as the website below:

HYDERGINE
Hydergine is reported to increase mental abilities, prevent damage to brain cells from hypoxia, and may even be able to reverse existing damage to brain cells. Hydergine is an extract of ergot, a fungus that grows on rye.38 Midwives in Europe traditionally used ergot with birthing mothers to lower their blood pressure. Scientists have analyzed ergot alkaloids since the late 1940s in search of blood-pressure medications. Studies in the elderly population uncovered cognition-enhancing effects of hydergine and it is now a popular treatment for all forms of senility in the U.S., and is used to treat a plethora of problems elsewhere in the world.

Hydergine probably has several modes of action for its cognitive-enhancement properties. Its wide variety of reported effects include the following: increases blood supply and oxygen to the brain, enhances brain cell metabolism, protects the brain from free-radical damage during decreased or increased oxygen supply, and reduces symptoms of dizziness and tinnitus.10

Hydergine may cause mild nausea, gastric disturbance, and headache. There are no serious side effects reported with hydergine use. It is nontoxic even at very large doses. However, it is contraindicated for individuals with acute or chronic psychosis, or those with a known sensitivity to the medication. Overdosage may, paradoxically, cause an amnestic effect.

Hydergine is available in the United States with a doctor’s prescription. Hydergine has not undergone rigorous scientific tests to prove its effectiveness for tinnitus reduction. However, in Europe many patients have been using Hydergine with good success in relieving their symptoms.

http://www.tinnitusformula.com/libra.../#.Vk_h_narRQJ