Midi Fighter Classic issue - Stuck in bootloader mode

Default Midi Fighter Classic issue - Stuck in bootloader mode

Hey guys,

I apologize in advance is this question has been answered already. I searched and couldn't find anything relating to it.

I have a Midi Fighter Classic that I purchased in 2012. It was working fine, however I flashed it while trying to set something up in Ableton. I help down the four corner buttons and it's stuck in bootloader mode. (lights are lit in a checkerboard pattern)

I tried going through the steps to install new firmware using the steps outlined in one of the main threads, but it just doesn't work. I tried using the reset buttons in the back but that didn't help either.

I just want to know if there's anyway I can fix this. I tried find the original Midi Fighter Classic utility to try and fix this, but it's not on the site anymore. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

I would advice to contact DJTT customer support.
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Yeah that's what I was starting to figure. Thanks for the reply though

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Thumbs up Problem Resolved

I wrote support about this issue and the response was immediate. The team at DJTT is incredible. My issue is now resolved. I'm going to paste the steps Matias in support listed for me to do which resolved my issue, in hopes that anyone with the same issue I just had in the future, doesn't have to go through the same headaches.

Cheers

With your device disconnected hold down all four corner buttons.

Plug the USB cable in.

Continue to hold the buttons for 5 seconds until the snake animation has finished. If the four corners method worked your midi fighter will have half the LEDs illuminated in a checker board pattern

Download this recovery file and unzip it, it will give you a *.Hex, Don't open it, you'll do that in step 7. Run the MF Utility.

Click Tools>Midi Fighter>Load Customer Firmware>For a Classic or Pro

Navigate to the file you downloaded in step 5) and click "Open".

The utility will now flash your Classic and it should now correctly connect to the utility.

If the issue persists let's try resetting it's connection from the Audio MIDI Setup application which does the trick on most cases, if this fails we'll move on to the recovery firmware.

1. With your unit connected directly to your computer go to Applications>Utilities and open the Audio MIDI Setup application
    2. Once that is open click on Window>Show MIDI Window
    3. If you see your Classic greyed out then select it and click on Remove Device, if it is fully lit then disconnect your unit and click Remove Device.
    4. Finally click on Rescan MIDI and your fighter should work properly with the MF Utility.

Note: If your computer detects it as a Generic MIDI Device then double click it and change the Device Name to "Midi Fighter Classic".