Change to recordbox dj?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Change to recordbox dj?

Hey guys. I'm having some serious thoughts on changing over the record box dj and getting a ddj rx. Ive used traktor for well over 4 years now. love the program but it has some issues. Hate not having horizontal wave forms to watch like in serato. The library management sucks. But my biggest issue is my s8. I absolutely hate not having platters. hate it. I thought when i bought it i could get used to it but its turning into a major issue. Especially since the clubs in my city are asking me to get turntables or cdj's to look more professional and like I'm busy. I find myself using sync to match the tracks more and more often because its a pain in the butt to change the tempo. Takes twice as long versus using a normal tempo fader. Theres no such thing as quick tempo changes while using the s8. I personally love the feel of platters so I'm trying to get back into it. I cant get turntables because the clubs i dj at have to much bass and cause the needle to jump. And i cant justify spending upwards of 2000$ on xdj 1000's so i can have platters. The s8 is a great controller but only if you like to do ONLY edm. Anything else and it turns into a nightmare. So I'm looking to jump to another program.

Im liking what I'm seeing with recordbox dj so far. Looks just like serato with the wave forms. As far as i know its midi mappable so i can use my midi fighter to add effects and launch samples and its coming out with dvs and video. I love how the controllers have instant gratification effects and a step sequencer. I absolutely love how the track library is set up and how powerful record box can be in setting up your playlists and future sets. The program looks like a true boss. But I'm still hesitant on jumping to it. Would it be better to go over to serato which is true and proven?
    I guess my main question is for you guys who have used the program to live dj. How does it feel. how reliable is it. Is it truly worth jumping into or should i just go with serato. I would really appreciate some feed back on this. Its been bothering me for some weeks now.

Why not just buy two single platter controllers and add them to your setup?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

my only options are turntables(cant do that) and a set of cdi's. which i cant validate spending 2000$ on a pair of xdj 1000's like that just so i can have platters. And as far as i know theres no other single platter controllers that will work.

Quote Originally Posted by afshawn998 View Post
    my only options are turntables(cant do that) and a set of cdi's. which i cant validate spending 2000$ on a pair of xdj 1000's like that just so i can have platters. And as far as i know theres no other single platter controllers that will work.
    you haven't done you homework properly....
    behringer pl-1
    denon sc2000
    maaaybe eks otus and dj-tech vtt-101
    I would even consider second hand cdj-400 but that brings portability issues.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by afshawn998 View Post
    Im liking what I'm seeing with recordbox dj so far. Looks just like serato with the wave forms. As far as i know its midi mappable so i can use my midi fighter to add effects and launch samples and its coming out with dvs and video. I love how the controllers have instant gratification effects and a step sequencer. I absolutely love how the track library is set up and how powerful record box can be in setting up your playlists and future sets. The program looks like a true boss. But I'm still hesitant on jumping to it. Would it be better to go over to serato which is true and proven?
    if that's what you're liking, maybe also consider Mixvibes Cross? Fully midi mapable, samples, already got DVS and video, incredible library managment (with smartlists), optional parallel waveforms (have mine on most the time), track suggestions and more.

the only downside is that the FX aren't too extensive (but as I use DJM / RMX 1000 fx it's not an issue for me)

free trial too - maybe compare both ?

http://www.mixvibes.com/products/cross
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000
    facebook.com/djanedalton / and my DJ alter-ego, The Imperatrixx

I understand there are other controllers out there that can add platters to the set up. Im mainly asking what you guys think of record box dj so far.
    Traktor S8, Subpac m2, Westen um2, macbook pro retina, midi fighter spectra

Tech Convert

I kind of feel the same way. I've been a traktor user since V.1 of the software it's been a great yet futile experience. Most of the places I play refuse to let me hook up my S4 as they have only CDJ and CM900 or 2000 mixers and everyone keeps telling me to go pro and not play with the S4. I feel your pain as well. If NI does not drop T 3.0 soon and it best kick butt no bugs and offer a lot of new playlist functionality I'm thinking by the new year I'll be switching over to RecordBox. I've dealt with all the bugs, lack of updates and useful functionality I'll never use stems or remix decks I'm a weekly gig'n dj and really 99.9% of club floors could care less about all that and don't want to hear you mucking about with songs they know and want to dance too. So sadly if NI don't get it together ASAP I'll be firing up rekordbuddy and moving over to a CDJ CDM set up sooner rather than later! Come on NI way to many of us are waiting!!!!

ive decided to just get a pair of xdj 1000's and rock them and hope that traktor 3 comes soon.
    Traktor S8, Subpac m2, Westen um2, macbook pro retina, midi fighter spectra

XDJs will be worth the investment meng.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

By the way, mext time someone gives you shit about an S* just remind them that Carl Cox uses an S8
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast