Kontrol S2 and decks C & D

Default Kontrol S2 and decks C & D

I have a traktor Kontrol S2 and some generic midi controllers (namely a nanokontrol 2) at my disposal. What I want to do is use a midi controller's button to add a "deck C+D" button that changes the jog wheels from the S2 from decks A+B to decks C+D so I can scratch remix decks, or whatever is loaded into those decks. If that works out, then I'd have decks C+D's filters/eqs mapped to said controller and maybe grab myself an f1 for some extra creativity...
    Last edited by djyounginfinity; 11-28-2015 at 07:28 PM.

Try something to this affect (not home so I can't do it).

Go to your controller layout manager in traktor. It is either called that or the controller eddit

Click Add in.... and find scratch or jog wheel or something of that nature.
    Now click Learn... and move the left Jog Wheel. Go ahead and duplicate this.
    Now set the modifier requirement to m1 = 0
    Now set the deck target to deck A or B depending on the side
    Now go to your duplicate and set its requirement modifier to m1 = 1
    Set the deck target to Deck C or D depending on the side.

Do this whole process for both sides EXCEPT for the "second side" use m2 instead of m1 so that a separate button can be used for each side.

Now on your generic midi controller determine which two buttons you want to use.
    Click add in... modifier (I believe).
    Click learn and choose your button.
    Duplicate this new command.
    Now for this one set it to decrease m1 by 1 if m1 = 1
    For the second one set it to increase m1 by 1 if m1 = 0.

Do the same with the second button but for m2.

Overall now you have two buttons that change a modifier from value 1 to 0 and back to 1.
    Now you have jog wheels that change their deck target based on which modifier is enabled.
    You can do similar things with all of the volume faders, tempo, and all of the buttons but then you basically have to remap the whole controller so be weary of what you are getting into.

Hope that helps.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey, do you want to map your nano control for deck switches?
    If so that isn't going to work since your S2 isn't working in the same protocol as your other MIDI controllers.