Recording with serato intro
    Tech Wizard

Default Recording with serato intro

Hi, forgive me if this is already a thread I have tried to search and there is either no results or it's my tapatalk again!

I will be getting the ddj sb 2 (hopefully ordering tomorrow) and was going to just stick with serato intro while I'm learning the basic ect as I'm a complete beginner.

But to me as a beginner I wanted to be able to play back my mixes to be where I went wrong or even right... But it seems you don't get the record function on serato intro.

Is there a way to record without the upgrade?
    Iv heard of audacity but can see anything about running it along side the sb 2, a few sites mention it with the sb but nothing for sb2.

Would I just need a 2 rca phono plugs to 2 rca phono plugs cable?

Thank you in advance

There are loads of ways of doing this.

Give us some more info on what gear you've got (audio interface? Mac or PC?)...

You'd probably need an RCA splitter (to 3.5 jack) to allow you to record to audacity on your laptops/computers built in audio in...

Like I said - tons of ways of doing it. let us know what yo're working with...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

Just started purchasing my stuff, will be running a windows laptop with my ddj sb 2, Iv just brought the rca cable, so I'l need and adapter for that to go into the headphone Jack on the laptop?
    Thanks for your reply

The RCA out is your MAIN out.

I've just taken a look at the SB2, and it looks like it has TWO headphone outs...

If I were you, I would use the 1/4" headphone out as your main out, and the small 3.5mm output as a record/booth-type output.

You'll need these:

$_57.JPG $_57.JPG

Then, use the main RCA outs for your headphone cueing. You'll need an RCA (male) > 3.5mm (female) to do that...

$_12.JPG

You'll need to arrange your preferences a little differently in Traktor ('cos your monitor outs will be your main, and your main will be your monitor, if you know what I mean...)
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

Tech Wizard

Haha Iv gone through that with brain fog Il have a proper look later, I can't use tractor on the sb2 though can I? So I'l be using serato intro for a while

Okay - I imagine it;s the same with Serato intro. It will have Audio Preferences..

Tech Wizard

The only thing with serato intro is you can't record, think it's a feature only available once you pay to upgrade hence why I wanted know if there was a way around having to upgrade to record

You're gonna record the music coming out of the SB2 by using the cables I mentioned above to "split" the main out.

1 main out will go to your speakers/amp so that you can hear the music you are playing.

1 main out will go BACK to your computer via the line in. Then, you will use Audacity to record from that input.

Just found this at Serato.com:

https://support.serato.com/hc/en-us/...-with-Audacity

Tech Wizard

Thank you patch once I'm all set up Il come back to this thread and follow your steps