choice between traktor s4 and x1 plus something later
    Tech Student

Default choice between traktor s4 and x1 plus something later

Hi

I have had some experience with traktor while using apc40 mapping since I bought traktor pro. I am generally interested in techno mixing - no scratching at all.

I do not need a new audio interface. Want to have access to remix features, four decks sounds like an overkill now, but I am buying a new equipmen, so I expect the gear to be future proof.

Have a dilemma whether to go for s4 or an x1 and see what to choose next.

I am not going to play gigs soon, just maybe at some home parties, but I like the portability of x1.

For mixer control I can cheaply buy behringer cmd MM-1.

Overall, it appears that going modular is not a way to save money. Still, it gives greater flexibility.

The only thing is, how many elements I will have to end up buying to have the functionality of s4 less platters.

Another question is whether x1 in itself provides sufficient traktor control to get started for, say, 6 months.

Please can you share your experiences.

Thanx a lot
    P

Systematik

If you're going to be doing a few home parties, or even a couple of gigs, the Z1 + X1 or the Behringer you talked about seems like a good option. However the S4 is the perfect all-round all in one. It just depends on your workflow I guess. The S4 really gives access to work with all genres though. You could always buy an X1 and if you like it you could buy a Pioneer mixer and another X1 later.

Don't worry about the X1 not giving enough functionality within Traktor. It's made by the same company as the software so it will have the tightest mappings and functions. Especially with the combination of the Z1, you basicly have access to everything a normal controller gives you.