Suggested Headphones for Laptop Production - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    The 7506's are very bright. I have some. I like them, and use them for DJing, not for production mixing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarekith View Post
    7506's are a decent option for the price, though as mentioned they can be a bit bright and the low end not so deep. Not the most robust headphones either.
    The high end response of the 7506 is "well known"...and lessens somewhat over time. There are calibration curves that can be applied in most DAWs to get to a "flat response" in the headphone. The 7506 is certainly better suited to live gigs than studio mixing. But, in the $100 price range, there is VERY little that is well suited to studio or production work out of the box.

Here is a longer thread and some response graphs on the 7506's. I have had a pair in a gig bag for going on 15 years. I have no issues with the lifespan of these headphones, given even moderate care.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/revi...eadphones.html

http://www.recordingmag.com/resource...etail/132.html

At the $200 price point, I have come to really like that Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro. I use the 32Ohm model.

At the $100 price point, the Sennheiser HD 558 are another reasonable choice. They have the opposite problem on the high end when compared to the 7506. The Senn 558's have a noticeable response dip right at 10k Hz. On balance I prefer the 7506, but that could just be my own familiarity with the headphone.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

what you guys think about the Pioneer HDJ 1500?

Tech Wizard

Check out TMA's headphones. You can customize a pair to suit your needs (DJ, produce, etc.).

Tech Wizard

I have HDJ 2000's that are awesome.

Tech Convert

I'm a big fan of my Sennheiser HD 650's I had the 580's and 600's before and they all sounded great. You can pick up a pair of the 580's second hand pretty cheap if your on a budget

Systematik

Audio Technica ATH M50

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12