NO Audio - 1/8" to XLR

Default NO Audio - 1/8" to XLR

I'm using 1/8" to XLR cable to connect my MacBook headphone port to my KRKs XLR connections, but I get no sound. I have no other way to test the cable, so I'm kinda stuck. Any ideas?

I have no idea why would anybody use that unbalanced frankenstain of a cable. Just use a proper 1/8" to 2xRCA cable.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Get an audio interface bruv. Youre not doing yourself anhy justice.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

I appreciate all the suggestions. I have an S8, connected to KRKs using TRS cables, no need for an interface. I just wanted to use my KRKs to listen to music from iTunes and not have to turn on the S8 every time. I do have a 1/8" to dual RCA which works good when the S8 is off, but when I turn the controller on I hear lots of noise trough monitors and then I have to unplug the RCA cables. I figured if I used an 1/8" to Dual XLR it would get rid of the noise and allow me to use the monitors without having to unplug anything. But instead, no sound at all.