Anybody on here in the Seattle area??

Default Anybody on here in the Seattle area??

I recently moved to the Seattle area. An opportunity arose to live out here and I took it. I've only been out here once before for a concert and immediately fell in love with the city. I have been mixing for close to 3 years. I started out with progressive house. After my first gig for a school dance, I realized that I needed to be well versed in blending multiple genres. That was 2 years ago and I can comfortably mix multiple genres. I have been stepping up my production skills as well. I have since done multiple dances, parades, and events for a small town with no music scene. That's why I jumped at the opportunity to move out here. I know I'm reaching here but I figured it's worth a shot. That being said, here's my question for any dj's in Seattle: Would any of you be allow me to shadow you? I guess like an intern/apprentice. Mostly to show me the ropes. I will also mention I brought 1/4 of my equipment with me. I drive a small vehicle and crammed as much as I could. If a mix session is in order then I could totally do that as well.

If that is too much to ask, then what are some places that you would recommend?? I know some would say "ask the locals" but I find people here are in their own little world. Hardly any are approachable. I have yet to come across anyone willing to say "hi" back.
    Last edited by Aotoori; 12-07-2015 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Aotoori View Post
    I know some would say "ask the locals" but I find people here are in their own little world. Hardly any are approachable. I have yet to come across anyone willing to say "hi" back.
    That sounds exactly like the Seattle I grew up in.

If you're looking for a place to meet people, I'd try Q, Rebar, and Kremwerk. Just make yourself active and eventually you'll get noticed. Sorry I can't be more help than the cliched "Get involved in the scene and people will take notice"

If youre on facebook, I can point you in the right direction bruv.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

I know of Q and Foundation. I'll check the other places out. Thanks!

Tech Wizard

I'm up in Bellingham, WA but I grew up in Seattle!

Did you go out much while you lived here?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Aotoori View Post
    Did you go out much while you lived here?
    A decent amount, I've been to most of the bigger venues.