Gift to my girlfriend - beginner dj set
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gift to my girlfriend - beginner dj set

Hello everybody, my girlfriend said she would like a dj set. It would be only for fun, just to dj at home and maybe sometimes inviting our friends at home. I really do not know what I should buy and for sure you can give me good suggestions
    Is it possible to get a basic equipment with 300-400 euros (about 350-450 USD)?
    I think she can use the headphones, speakers and laptop she already has
    Thanks

Look at the Pioneer DDJ SB2 if its only for bit of fun. Had a go one at a house party a few weeks ago and was impressed with it for the cost of the unit.

Well do you want a modulair set up, an all-in-one controller, cd players or even vinyl? If you have no idea i would recommend you what i recommend everyone, a (second hand) kontrol S4 MKI.
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Get her a Wego or SB bro. If she digs it, then get her something more expensive later on.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Wizard

Get a traktor s2!

Thank you all for your answers, I will start googling all the dj sets you suggested
    I would like to give more information. I would exclude CD and vinyl, only MIDI I think. The dj set should be preferably easy to carry in case we go to some friends house (I think this is also the idea)

DDJ SB2 or Kontrol S2.. Either would be a great introduction to digital DJ'ing. Both come with software and are easy to get up and running. Check software requirements against her laptop specs beforehand.

Thank you to all
    If I find an S4 almost new that would be my first choice. Otherwise S2
    You have been very helpful

If you really loved her you'd get her something like this:

Turntables_and_mixer.jpg

I literally just joined a minute ago so I could ask this question, glad I searched first haha. I'm in a similar predicament. My girlfriend is incredibly passionate about deep house and tried to learn from her ex who happened to be both a DJ and a jerk. His teaching method was putting her down for not picking it up instantly like a prodigy so she gave up on it. It's been long enough that she isn't opposed to taking another shot at it anymore and I want to support her passion, but I'm a percussionist and know very little about electronic music and DJing aside from liking its sound and ethos, so I have no idea where to start. it takes her some time to figure out how to use technology so I'm looking for gear that's functional, but as unintimidating as possible so she can have fun learning the basics and not get demoralized. I don't expect something that takes out all the difficulty of DJing, but if the setup looks fun, minimizes the most difficult concepts, and will allow her to grow as a musician once she starts getting the basics shown I'n sure she'll enjoy it. What controller would best suit her needs? And is it just the controller, headphones, a program like Serato she needs or am I forgetting something?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast