Looking for QuNeo alternative, something with touchstrips
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Looking for QuNeo alternative, something with touchstrips

Anyone know an auxiliary controller with decently long touchstrips and not too pricey? Looking to add touchstrips to the modular setup I'm going to switch over to; I enjoyed using the NS6's strip search feature and would like to able to do something like that with the four PL1s and MM1 setup coming up. QuNeo seems like one way to do it, just paying a whole lot more for pads and other things that I don't necessarily need right now.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Livid BASE - first thing that comes to my mind.

Tech Guru

I was going to suggest that you look at VMeter, but it seems they're out of production. Might be worth a look for a used one (or several) though, as they're fantastic products with tons of functionality.

NI X1mk2?
    But...won't PL1's jog wheel's allow you to fast scroll through the track/playlist much better and more precise that touchstrips?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Wizard

I intend on programming in a seek mode for the PL1s for sure, just having a 0-100% strip was really handy. One peek at the waveform, one poke at the touchstrip, and done.

I saw both the Base and the VMeter...aawgh, the Base seems even bigger than the QuNeo for what I want it to do haha, and the VMeter seemed a bit pricy I thought the last time I saw them (shame they're out of production). Surprised not much else is out there though, they seem to be being integrated into all in one systems (VCI300, Twitch, S5, S8), but not as much in modular setup.

Tech Wizard

Had a stupid idea that might workaround my issue...I'm thinking about mapping the pitch fader on one PL-1 to do the needle drop, on a shift level of course. Weird as heck idea, but I think it might work ergonomically.

Scratch and Tap are already going to be shift buttons, I could rig it so if both are held, it enters a sort of "prep mode" shift level, where jog does seek and moving the tempo fader moves around the needle on the whole track. Ahhh it feels good to be back in mapping land again

Quote Originally Posted by ablahblah View Post
    Had a stupid idea that might workaround my issue...I'm thinking about mapping the pitch fader on one PL-1 to do the needle drop, on a shift level of course. Weird as heck idea, but I think it might work ergonomically.

Scratch and Tap are already going to be shift buttons, I could rig it so if both are held, it enters a sort of "prep mode" shift level, where jog does seek and moving the tempo fader moves around the needle on the whole track. Ahhh it feels good to be back in mapping land again
    Just keep in mind that the "Seek Position" output command isn't going to play nice with the "Soft Takeover" mode due to Traktor bug

edit:
    I still have my PL-1
    Feel free to contact me if you have any troubles with mapping it in Traktor.
    Last edited by Stewe; 12-18-2015 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ablahblah View Post

I thought scratch changes the midi channel of the jog wheel?

Tap is not a shift button.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    I thought scratch changes the midi channel of the jog wheel?
    Only button that changes the MIDI channels is the deck switch button.

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    Tap is not a shift button.
    In Traktor any button can be configured as a Shift. Thanks to modifiers

Tech Mentor

I intend on programming in a seek mode for the PL1s for sure, just having a 0-100% strip was really handy. One peek at the waveform, one poke at the touchstrip, and done.
    Perhaps try 2 seek modes for the jog wheel:
    mod 1. really sensitive so small movements jump trough the track quickly.
    mod 2. a less sensitive mode for greater precision.
    And still have normal jog/scratch control as the main mode.

Try using beat jump instead of seek to - see what works best for you.
    Xone DB4 | Pioneer DDJ-SP1 | DJ Tech CDJ 101 (x2) | Serato DJ
    NI X1 MKII | NI Scratch A6 | MF Twister | Traktor Pro 2
    Sennheiser HD 25 II | KRK Rokit 5 (x2) | Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
    Mixed In Key 8 | MusicBrainz Picard | Mixxx 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast