Easy & quick ways of coverting masses of WMA's to MP3?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Easy & quick ways of coverting masses of WMA's to MP3?

Posting a lot of questions recently, but I'm sure you don't mind
    Traktor has issues with my WMA files, so much so that it stops playback of the other deck when I load one. I'm going to convert all of my WMA's to MP3, just wondering if there is any awesome converter that will scan my music folder, find all the WMA's, and convert them automatically, so that I don't have to find them all manually, or am I asking too much there? I'l just use windows search for "wma." otherwise but a converter that does it automatically would be awesome.
    Alternatively, know of a decent converter anyway? I don't currently have one.
    Cheers!

I've been using this for years:

http://www.converterlite.com/
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post

Thanks patch, Il try it out!

Tech Wizard

Default Virus alert

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post

The converter is great, does exactly what I need, converts and places the MP3 in the folder that the original WMA was, I don't need a pprogram that finds all the WMA's, that was kinda lazy

On the other hand though, the link has given me a nasty virus. I don't think it's the program itself, but it could be, it's one of those incredibly annoying ones that opens up a scam page every time you click a page in the browser... it happened immediately after installing.
    Great program though

Tech Wizard

it's also hyperlinking random phrases on pages, f*** this is annoying, haven't hasd a virus in years, let alone a browser virus :'(

Tech Wizard

Actually, I think it may be the program, it's installed 3 extra programs on my laptop, one of which I can't remove. Il convert everything and then uninstall + clean my system and hope for the best.
    Lots of wierd things are happening, even chrome has changed its theme... The link isn't safe and needs to be removed.

Just an FYI, transcoding lossy WMAs to lossy MP3s will hurt your sound quality.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Glitchwerks View Post
    Just an FYI, transcoding lossy WMAs to lossy MP3s will hurt your sound quality.
    Didn't I lose quality by obtaining them in WMA in the first place? Hopefully they won't be noticeably less decent, I have about 14,000 wma's
    I hate wma, or any compressed audio format to be honest, but 30-60MB per track isn't going to cut it for this purpose :/

Tech Guru

If you actually care about the music and the sound of your library, you wont do this.

Just rebuy the ones you want in lossless format. Youll find that you dont really want %90 of that music if you have to buy it.

Those transcoded files will sound awful. SOUND AWFUL. A DJs only job is to play music that sounds good. Why would you ever want to have music that sounds obviously inferior to any casual listener?

Its also an absolute joy as a DJ to have a completely legit and high quality library. Everything is tagged perfectly, everything sounds excellent on any size sound system.

Sorry to hear you're having grief.

I never install ANYTHING that comes bundled with another piece of software, so I didn't get any of the programs you're having trouble with..,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast