Problem with Pioneer Controller
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Problem with Pioneer Controller

Hi everyone having a little problem with my DDJ SR's left channel fader.

Basically when turning the volume up the left channel is a lot quieter on its decent to the top than the right channel fader.

When it is at the top on full normal volume it's not quiet just normal, just when I'm turning the fader up. Its like really quit and when it reaches the top its normal?

Has baffled me happened right the way through a gig over the weekend, have tested today and still nothing. Have i nocked or changed something?

Cheers
    Macco
    Last edited by Macco; 12-16-2015 at 10:44 AM.

Tech Mentor

Hey anyone?

I don't know Serato at all - but it sounds like it mught be a curve adjustment issue? Can youadjust the fader curve on the SR (either in teh unit, or in the software)?

Or maybe th etrim knob is turned down?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I don't know Serato at all - but it sounds like it mught be a curve adjustment issue? Can youadjust the fader curve on the SR (either in teh unit, or in the software)?

Or maybe th etrim knob is turned down?

Just upgraded to lastest version of Serato and still no luck. Theres nothing on the Controller and have just checked inside the software. Not a clue what to do!

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Macco View Post
    Just upgraded to lastest version of Serato and still no luck. Theres nothing on the Controller and have just checked inside the software. Not a clue what to do!
    First thing I would do is check it with Traktor or MIXXX to see if the issue is only with Serato or perhaps the unit itself

If its working normally in other software else trashing the prefs (osx) or reinstalling Serato might do the trick.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    First thing I would do is check it with Traktor or MIXXX to see if the issue is only with Serato or perhaps the unit itself

If its working normally in other software else trashing the prefs (osx) or reinstalling Serato might do the trick.

Have reinstalled Serato and upgrading to a higher one to no avail. Have just tried on my other Macbook and same issue.

Could it be the fader is broken? Have had it no longer than 6 months. No Warranty as i bought near new

Have you tried with software other than serato?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I don't think that this is supposed to be a mapping fault if the fader is reaching to the top. That means that Serato is properly reading information out from the MIDI velocity values. Does it happen without auto gain activated? Firmware up to date?

Maybe a bit of an obvious one, so forgive me, could it be something to do with crossfader or crossfader curve?
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by DJAdeSands View Post
    Maybe a bit of an obvious one, so forgive me, could it be something to do with crossfader or crossfader curve?
    Not a clue what to do!
    Have you tried with software other than serato?
    We wont really know until he tries some software that can visually identify if the faders are fully operational and rules out Serato out as the culprit.

*tapping fingers impatiently*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast