Money aspect
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Money aspect

Default Money aspect

Do for you people money aspect is very important for chances to dj? or you look to it dependently how bad money you need, what place is it they offer for you to play and so?

huh?
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Guru

You either DJ to make money, or you DJ to follow your art. Very few are successful at doing both.

I do it because I love doing it, it's been my hobby for 20+ years. Considered being good enough to be hired by an agency and being paid for playing to an audience on a regular basis is a huge bonus which only makes me love the art even more, the knowledge that it brings has had me rub shoulders with some big names including Grandmaster Flash himself. Think someone that does it purely for the money will never put their heart and soul into it.
    Last edited by DJAdeSands; 12-24-2015 at 05:38 AM.
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Glad to hear such passionate answers, hope we don`t go to point were we focus more on money and have a good holidays!

Tech Wizard

I'm doing it as a hobby. I've been admittedly very conflicted about where I'm going with it. I haven't gigged much, but more because I'm not "good enough" by my own standards and as s a result I haven't marketed myself as much. I'm on a college campus and I'm pretty sure I've devoted a good amount more time to learning the art than your average frat party DJ (proud to say I am capable of fader riding in a track totally blind, no BPM indicator needed), but I am not able to musically create what I want in a mix, versus what the crowd wants, which might be a bit more simple. Pursuing it as a hobby until I get to that level.

One fun thing at least for me is mapping, good to be back on the Traktor train again. Lots of practice with finite state machines, which is something I learned in a CS class and was worried I'd never really be able to apply it again :P

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    huh?
    exactly lol

Just a discussion on money aspect for all people, to open up as discussion what situations they had, stories and so.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Superninja View Post
    Just a discussion on money aspect for all people, to open up as discussion what situations they had, stories and so.
    Some people don't do it for money, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't charge for djing, keep that in mind.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

agree with your words.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast