Multiple control surfaces and miscellaneous questions

Default Multiple control surfaces and miscellaneous questions

Hey everyone. Newjack reporting in. Got a few questions that I could use some guidance on, and if it's already been answered, I'm sorry in advance for cluttering up the forum.

I'm curious as to whether it's possible to use both my VCI-100mkii AND my Launchpad in Traktor Pro 2 at the same time. Or, even remap the keys on my laptop to offer some more options for control such as hotcues, and remix decks [which I'm also still a little unclear on how to incorporate]. So far, it seems to be either one or the other.

Saw a few vids here and there, but my issue in most things (the above included), is going into the actual command listings and figuring out what to alter and how. So far, I've semi-successfully mapped in the loop jumping macro showed here:

http://djtechtools.com/2014/01/05/lo...p-move-macros/

but I can't seem to get the loop to follow with it.

Any tips/tricks, or videos I should look into to make expanding my rig or managing my maps easier?

Thanks again!

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

As long as you make sure the In/Out Ports point to the right controller there are no issues using multiple controllers in Traktor.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Which TSI do you plan to use for VCI and Launchpad? Launchpad is FX based? Each mapping will most likely come with unique effect settings that also can be stored in a TSI.

This is important because if any of your mappings come with some Instant FX smart buttons than you want to keep those effect settings and not replace them by other effect order. You can know this happened if you see wrong effects inserted in FX Unit slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    Saw a few vids here and there, but my issue in most things (the above included), is going into the actual command listings and figuring out what to alter and how. So far, I've semi-successfully mapped in the loop jumping macro showed here:

http://djtechtools.com/2014/01/05/lo...p-move-macros/

but I can't seem to get the loop to follow with it.
    Check your "Mode Selector" command. If the value says "beatjump" then switch it back to "loop".

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Check this mapping if you want to try out Remix Decks on your computer keyboard:

https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/4257

Give it a thumb up if it works

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Which TSI do you plan to use for VCI and Launchpad? Launchpad is FX based? Each mapping will most likely come with unique effect settings that also can be stored in a TSI.

This is important because if any of your mappings come with some Instant FX smart buttons than you want to keep those effect settings and not replace them by other effect order. You can know this happened if you see wrong effects inserted in FX Unit slots.

Check your "Mode Selector" command. If the value says "beatjump" then switch it back to "loop".

My noob is showing here, but I'm not sure I know what a TSI is. As of right now, I only really use Traktor pro 2 and the VCI. The Novation Launchpad is built for fingerdrumming for the most part so it has effect applications, but it's really just 64 blank buttons when I use it with Traktor.

As for the beatjump vs. loop, I'll check that as soon as I get to my rig and let you know if it worked.

Thanks for the time and effort, also. I'll definitely check out the remix deck mappings and see if I can't integrate that into my sets. I need to branch out to more than just playing or blending songs, and this seemed like the best thing to mess with in that regard.