Audio 2 or Audio 4 ?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Audio 2 or Audio 4 ?

Hi Everyone

What sound card its the best option to use with a vci-100 and traktor pro, the audio 2 or audio 4 ?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

If you are just using the VCI and you never want to control Traktor with turntables then buy the Audio 2.
    I have one and its awesome and i guarantee you wont regret it. Its very cheap. A little bit small and plasticy so you have to take care of it but its all you will need for your VCI.

If you think that in the future you may want to use timecode then you will have to get an Audio 4 or 8 cus the Audio2 cannot be used with timecode.

The quality of sound is the same with both the 2 and the 4.

Hope that helps

Tech Convert

Thanks man...
    Last edited by A Tapia; 11-22-2009 at 03:45 AM.

Tech Guru

i think the audio 2dj is so cheap that unless you want timecontrol today, you should get it. once you are ready to do timecontrol you might be in a totally different place and for example you might want to go with one of the certified mixers instead of just a soundcard etc. the loss in value if you get one of the soundcards with more inputs if you do not use those features for the first few months will not be worth it imho.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Audio 2 if you plan to stick with a VCI. Audio 4 if you ever want to upgrade to a real mixer and possibly use timecode control. Might as well just get the Audio 2 now, you can always sell it and upgrade later.

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
    i think the audio 2dj is so cheap that unless you want timecontrol today, you should get it. once you are ready to do timecontrol you might be in a totally different place and for example you might want to go with one of the certified mixers instead of just a soundcard etc. the loss in value if you get one of the soundcards with more inputs if you do not use those features for the first few months will not be worth it imho.
    Yeah id agree with that. The Audio 2 will always be a nice thing to have laying around or for use for convenience if you eventually get a more featured card.

I agree with all the agreeing.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    I agree with all the agreeing.
    agreed
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

We should sort out the Middle East. I reckon we could everyone to agree and the that would be the end of that.

Fuck NATO. DJTTs PEACE CORP.

Agreed! :P
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast