Ableton Controllers

Default Ableton Controllers

Hey guys,

I have ventured into using a live setup with Ableton and I was looking into buying an Akai APC 40 mk2 which looks fantastic and would be perfect for me.

Only problem is it's a little expensive, so I thought I'd see if there are any apps that could do the same thing. I've tried out LivKontrol on my iPad and it's pretty close to what I want, but there isnt a huge amount of flexibility with knobs and faders on the same screen which is what I need. Then I pondered how difficult it would be to create my own app to control Ableton in exactly the way I want.

Does anyone know how hard this would be to do? I am buying a Samsung Galaxy tablet soon and I'm pretty sure it'd be easier on Android.

Any help would be very welcome. Cheers guys

Take a look at an app called TouchAble.

It was on sale recently, but I think you've missed a bargain...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Take a look at an app called TouchAble.

It was on sale recently, but I think you've missed a bargain...
    Thanks. I have seen that one, but it's still not quite what I'm looking for. May have a look at some reviews as the adverts on their site aren't really that informative.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Lemur has a pretty decent Push emulation. It sold for ages at $25 so the current $9.99 tag is quite an awesome deal and being able to add new pages with custom controls is always a great plus.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Lemur has a pretty decent Push emulation. It sold for ages at $25 so the current $9.99 tag is quite an awesome deal and being able to add new pages with custom controls is always a great plus.

WOW! That's fantastic! Thanks for that suggestion. Will definitely check that out. Is there an Android version? Also, are there other controller emulators like this?

Thanks again. really helpful

Bro I'm a touchable user and an Akai MPC and APC user/owner, I can tell you it does everything the APC40 does and more. Any questions you have I would be more than happy to answer, I can also provide pics and vids. Lmk.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post

I'm also a Lemur user, the creation interface is amazing, and the fact that you can create the templates right on your computer and view them on the ipad in real time is amazing. I won't lie though, I haven't touched Lemur since I bought Touchable.

1+ for touchable. although I left it along time ago in preference of hw-controllers

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by maxthackray View Post
    Hey guys,

I have ventured into using a live setup with Ableton and I was looking into buying an Akai APC 40 mk2 which looks fantastic and would be perfect for me.

Only problem is it's a little expensive, so I thought I'd see if there are any apps that could do the same thing. I've tried out LivKontrol on my iPad and it's pretty close to what I want, but there isnt a huge amount of flexibility with knobs and faders on the same screen which is what I need. Then I pondered how difficult it would be to create my own app to control Ableton in exactly the way I want.

Does anyone know how hard this would be to do? I am buying a Samsung Galaxy tablet soon and I'm pretty sure it'd be easier on Android.

Any help would be very welcome. Cheers guys
    Just got an Apc 40 mk2 and I'm pretty happy with it. everything is spaced pretty well and its default template is pretty good.

Tech Wizard

Another nod to touchable. I just started using it and prefer it to my launchpad for most things besides finger drumming. Templates for production are accessible and well thought out imo. I've also dabbled with conductr but think touchable is far more useful. Also consider midi fighter 3D and twister running I'll gates templates.... Super versatile from what I have seen.