make your hands grip the record better/review of native instruments butter rugs
    Tech Student

Default make your hands grip the record better/review of native instruments butter rugs

later this day (after experimenting a lot I found that the ginger ale water solution did not work as well as I thought.) I had the same results with the back cueing but the ginger ale solution only lasted less then 5 minutes. I used a spray bottle and rubbed it into my hands. I did not spray the record

my turntables are 1.6Kgf.cm torque. I was just back cueing on mine for several seconds without the platter stopping. part of this is made possible by butter rugs by dj Qbert. butter rugs are the nicest slip mats I have ever used and I recommend them to everyone. with the butter rugs my platter would pin less then with my Stanton slip mats but I was still curious if I could get it better. so I thought about it for a while and made a solution of ginger ale and water. it lasts for about 10 to 15 minutes but it works really well! I was back cueing with just my middle finger. most dj's notice there hands grip better at a gig when you sweat a bit and you probably would be sweating after 10 to 15 m.

native instruments, the makers of traktor, sell butter rugs designed by dj Qbert. the first thing you notice about them is that they are really thin and sort of ridged so you have to worry about creasing them. mine have curled several times but returned to shape. the top of them are some sort of nylon or something and the bottom is a different material. its maybe like a 1mm thick layer of fiber glass. I recommend butter rugs to anyone. they really make mixing better because they slip so much.
    Last edited by dj Aklaim; 01-05-2016 at 04:51 PM.

Right....
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

What the hell are you doing putting Ginger Ale on your records? Are you crazy???
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Wrong section of the forums for this. Ginger Ale on records? Never heard of that, sounds destructive... and sticky.
    For all my VCI-100 lovers view my step by step guide to moding your very own VCI-100 Arcade edition
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=56270

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    Want to get better? Two words... jesus pose. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Ginger Ale? WTF

Just keep a candle nearby and press your fingers into the wax.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Student

Default sounds crazy i know

I used a spray bottle. 1 part ginger ale 4 parts water which I used to spray my hand. it does not make your hands sticky it makes them grip better. I don't think its that big a deal it evaporates fast. there would be some ginger ale residue. I'm using control records for traktor and I clean them often.
    Last edited by dj Aklaim; 01-05-2016 at 04:52 PM.

LOL....

Thread of the year this one.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin