Is there a safe BPM Range to use?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is there a safe BPM Range to use?

I know we all are provably tire of talking about BPM, yet I can't see to get enough. As much as I had read and search it seem that no genre stick to the assumed BPM range, and for all I know BPM does play a major part in properly mixing. To cut to the chase let me ask this question: Many of the top DJ software are capable of BPM analysis and they all have range that can be selected based on the genre you are looking to analyze. Now since the BPM as I can tell in many occasion do not stick with the song base on it genre and in case the fact the it is a remix or else, will using the open range which seem to be 60 - 200 still pretty much assigned the proper BPM to a song. I understand the double or half issue but this will only affect a song BPM if it is outside of the range. So a song that is 120 BMP should not show as 60 BPM I will think since the range is from 60 - 200 and vice versa. I have may genre in my library and I'm looking to simplify the process of sorting them base on BPM but in may occasion song that are label 140 BPM may actually sound better at 70 BPM and this is also an issue when you are looking for the right song to mix base on BPM, Energy and Key.

wut

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by djelton View Post
    wut
    Dont you read gibberish?

Well you should be able to recognize if 2 Songs have Close Bpm-rates without a Software if you want to be a DJ.

The rest then is only counting for fine-Justing and as support-function.

btw Ls4life: you write "let me ask this question:" but I can't see any question...you just go on on your comment...so also the question back from me: Wut???

Don't do drugs, kids.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Don't do drugs, kids.
    Sorry for the mess, chicken scratch, jibber Jabber and all you can come up with. I should had keep it simple and to the point. All I was interested to know was if there was a save BPM range that can be used to analyze several genre since most DJ software are capable of BPM analysis and they offer a range. This can help when building library base on BPM of the song just to simplify track search. Thank you for your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Ls4life View Post
    Sorry for the mess, chicken scratch, jibber Jabber and all you can come up with. I should had keep it simple and to the point. All I was interested to know was if there was a save BPM range that can be used to analyze several genre since most DJ software are capable of BPM analysis and they offer a range. This can help when building library base on BPM of the song just to simplify track search. Thank you for your comments.

I think it's called knowing your tracks and putting them crates buddy. Have a 145 techno track that you can mix into a Double time section on a Dubstep track? Into the Dubstep crate it goes! Great thing with digital is you can put copies into both crates.
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

The answer is no. Because, some tracks have drum patterns that confuse software.

You have to use some common sense.

But it's only a case of clicking the *2 or /2 button in Traktor to correct a beatgrid that is set at double or half the actual tempo after analysing.

Untitled.jpg

But you are right. There will be house tunes that are 90bpm, and they cannot be properly beatmatched with a standard 130bpm house track.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

zac efron said 128 is the magic number

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    zac efron said 128 is the magic number
    I thought 3 was the magic number. (No More, no Less)
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast