All-round earbuds for cheap?

Default All-round earbuds for cheap?

Hey, I thought that I might ask you all help answering this question.
    Backstory - I have been using my AiAiAi TMA-1's for Dj'ing, Producing and just all-round listening with my laptop for 2 years now, but I'm now more looking towards earbuds, due to their smaller size and better isolation.
    But since my budget is around 40€, I'm not excactyl looking anything thats comparable to the 200€ TMA headphones, so I'm not looking for a miracle.

What I am looking for is earbuds, that I can use with my phone, laptop and if I need, Dj'ing in the club (never know, when you don't have your gig bag with you in another city, but need to do a gig. Then small earbuds + USB would be a great combo).

On the surface it seems like a easy task, just find good sub-40€ earbuds and they work with everything, ok?

But.. I want earbuds with mic+erabud combo. Mostly because, they would then be my daily driven ones.
    Phone - my phone has usual 3.5 combo jack, so I would want to use the mic for answering calls etc.
    Laptop - my laptop also has 3.5 combo jack, so I could use the same phones for listening music as well talking in skype

DJ mixers - I don't know how well they like 3.5 combo jacks. I have tested JBL earbuds+mic combo that I bought for my GF, but the impedance difference meant that I got horrible distorted sound from the earbuds, so I stopped testing.

So:
    1. Are there earbuds with mic combo out there, that I can use with a DJ mixer (impedance + combo jack would be a problem here)
    2. Maybe there is a adapter, that would take 3.5mm combo jack (4pins) and turns it into a 6.3mm stereo jack (3pins)? If yes, then I would only have to look for impedance when looking for earbuds.

Sorry, sorry, for the really long text for such a simple question, but since I always prefer threads with more info than little gibberish info, then I thought..

Thanks in advance

E:In hindsight the thread name shold have been: "What mic+earbud combo works with DJ mixers?"
    Last edited by djelton; 01-09-2016 at 01:42 PM.

Tech Wizard

I've had a generally bad experience adapting 1/8" up to 1/4". If you can break out the 4 pin into a 3 pin 1/8" and then adapt that into a 1/4", that might work well (I suppose look for one of those 4 pin headset adapters on Amazon or something that break them out into two separate cables).

As for a nice earbud, I dunno, the mic is usually a "premium" feature I see in good headphone makers, hard to get a good mic on a half-decent iem. I've heard good things about the Trinity Hyperion (if you can get your hands on one) as a very solid 50€ earbud, but it lacks a mic. I'll keep an eye out though.
    Current - 4x CMD PL-1, 1x CMD MM-1, Focusrite Saffire 6, V-Moda M100s, HD25-1-II's, Traktor 2
    Past - Numark Mixtrack, NS6, NV, Serato DJ up to v1.8.1

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Marshall Minors are decent sounding earbuds, quite comfortable and don't have any issues being used in DJ Mixers.

Get the FX version if you want volume control on the cable (personally I see it as another thing to break)

http://www.amazon.com/Marshall-M-ACC.../dp/B004GZNU9S
    Last edited by deevey; 01-10-2016 at 07:34 PM.

Default SoundMAGIC E10s !!

SoundMAGIC E10s all the way. With premium quality metal body these earbuds are great for the price. They are around under 20 bucks on Amazon. It performs very well in all frequencies and the bass is balanced

If you want the cheap earbuds for bass, you can't go wrong with Brainwavz M2.

Go for earbuds from less-know brands as they tend to produce some of the awesome earbuds to survive in the market.Don't fall for the placebo effect of the sound by big brands.I personally think these two earbuds are worth the price are durable.

You may love this guide - 18 Best Cheap Earbuds Under $50 Reviewed. I found this after some research, good guide.

Cheap earbuds won't mean that you get cheap sound quality. It's all about your brain.