I hate the new soundcloud. - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

i think all businesses should be run like apple's app store.

if you make something free originally, you can't charge for it later.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

seriously i wouldnt mind paying 79 pounds a year to have your mixes easily accessible to anyone. its a good flatform to begin with.

The new limits are shit, 120 minutes and 100 downloads suck, they could think of something not as restrictive, most DJs are not making any money of it and don't have the cash for a fucking premium account. You just can't start for good and then after a year, when the site is so popular, fuck all DJs like that, DJs are the ones that listen and buy their "premium account" producers tracks, making Soundcloud the big it is.
    "I was caught so many times getting oral sex in the booth it was disgusting. I would tell the girls, "Bet you can't make me miss a beat"" (Francis Grasso)

Home
    Mixcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux#13 View Post
    seriously i wouldnt mind paying 79 pounds a year to have your mixes easily accessible to anyone. its a good flatform to begin with.
    exactly that's not a lot of money to me so I pay it happy to, iut's all in one place and i just grab the link and place it where i want it myspace other pages i post mixes you name it, it's like a focal point for me.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

For what you get, and the look, it makes sense to charge.

*shrug*
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lambox View Post
    Maaaaaaan that was super unfriendly.

I'm not so much bothered by the download limit as I am the whole time limit deal. But hey, all good things (ie: old soundcloud) come to an end, right?
    Yeah was pretty brutal, but tbh I'm sick of people having a phat winge about stuff like this and giving no respect where its due.

I'm personally a web designer / dev and work on stuff like this and know how HUGE a project it is and how hard it is to bring in a revenue stream from them to cover the massive costs (just server costs is nuts, let alone the millions it must have been in dev), let alone make a profit on a fuckload of hard work.

Then to have people bitch cos its not free and have all the shit its like, dude, seriously, ITS FREE FFS. Use a shitter completely free service like sendspace or buy your own hosting if you dont like it. You get what you pay for.

/end rant

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by midian View Post
    Yeah was pretty brutal, but tbh I'm sick of people having a phat winge about stuff like this and giving no respect where its due.

I'm personally a web designer / dev and work on stuff like this and know how HUGE a project it is and how hard it is to bring in a revenue stream from them to cover the massive costs (just server costs is nuts, let alone the millions it must have been in dev), let alone make a profit on a fuckload of hard work.

Then to have people bitch cos its not free and have all the shit its like, dude, seriously, ITS FREE FFS. Use a shitter completely free service like sendspace or buy your own hosting if you dont like it. You get what you pay for.

/end rant

lol oh noes someone needs to take a nap, guys get this kid a juice box and a vitamin hes havin a bad day.

Excuse me if I think they're being total dicks for putting the same users who put them on the map in this "take it or leave it" position after I've put countless hours of promoting my work through them. So now I'm left with the option of getting muscled into paying to avoid flushing my promotional work down the toilet - or I have to go back and update all the links to my work on every single website I've posted to redirect listeners to a new fileshare server which will cost me even more time. I don't care to have my time wasted and I don't appreciate goons trying to squeeze me, had I known before hand they we're planning to do that I wouldn't have spent the time I did using their service- which would have saved me the unnecessary time wasted that im going to have to spend updating all my links as if I can be bothered with that.

I don't care who you are or what you do for a living, sloppy business practice is sloppy business practice and what Soundcloud just pulled is sloppy as fuck. Go ahead and demonize people like me for saying something about it as if it's my fault that they're running things like a bunch of amateurs who don't know their head from their ass.

You don't advertize FREE FREE FREE and then once you have an audience/user base go back on your words. Go ahead be a push over, I ain't no welcome rug. FYI if you wanna use language like "bitch" maybe you should check the definition because one of us is standing up for himself and one of us is bending over, so who's the bitch here?
    Last edited by wrong chris; 11-23-2009 at 08:38 PM.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by djhipnotikk View Post
    i think all businesses should be run like apple's app store.

if you make something free originally, you can't charge for it later.

amen to that. there is a right way and a wrong way to run shit.

Tech Mentor

Instead of complaining about it here, perhaps you should all complain about it somewhere else, like the SOUNDCLOUD SUPPORT FORUMS. (*cough* http://support.soundcloud.com/soundc...s_and_dj_mixes *cough*)

In short: soundcloud offered you an amazing free service. There was NO OBLIGATION AT ALL to you to do ANYTHING for you. Perhaps if you had already been using one of the pay services, you would have stronger grounds for complaining about it. But then, if more people had been using the pay services, SC might not have had to change the way they do things.

Their still offering an outstanding free service, and they even set it up so that all of the music you had on soundcloud before their changes could stay on the site. As nice a service as they offer, what with it being ad free and everything, they deserve to make some money off of it.
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

They offered a free service. They still offer a free service. They need to make a profit. You don't like their business practices go somewhere else.

They have no obligation to any of us. If people are willing to pay for their service and they have a business model that it benefits then they are almost obligated to offer. It is the best service on the internet and they deserve a revenue stream.

you don't like it go somewhere else. It's really as simple as that.

But keep the hostility down here. We don't need it from anyone.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast