I hate the new soundcloud.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default I hate the new soundcloud.

Okay so now we have limited downloads for our tracks on the free account... i just noticed this bullshit as both of my mixtapes that are uploaded are unavailable for public download because they've exceeded the new limit.

100 downloads is the maximum limit for free accounts.... wtf... i can't believe they're serious.

I HATE THE NEW SOUNDCLOUD!!!!! more like cash-grab cloud.

Tech Guru

TBH dude.. quit your damn bitching.

They are providing a free service of high quality, they have to limit it somehow in order to force people into the revenue stream options (and limit their what must be massive bandwidth costs). The world isnt just here for you to take advantage of. DJTT does it through the store (and limited advertising). Soundcloud does it through people signing up for pro options (so they can avoid heaps of horrid advertising).

If you want to you can always use rapidshare etc for hosting mixes etc. Its really not that hard. Or sign up and pay for an account.

Yep dude i agree. while we use soundcloud ourselves, with these new limits the've imposed thats just tough titties for us really. They gotta cover their costs at the end of the day, and due to the increased popularity over the last few months the server costs must be shocking, with assholes like me uploading 2 1/2 hour sets all the time lol. We have been allocated enough space for about 10 mixes, which is fine. You could always open a couple of other accounts + link to another DL page also.
    Duerr go check out house-mixes.com mate. no upload limits, you get a cool profile page which you can link to facebook etc, there's also a forum you can spam your mixes on we use it and have 10 or so mixes up on there since feb. Don't let the title fool you, ther's anything from drum n bass, dubstep, new wave, psytrance as well as all the * cough cough * electro
    Last edited by Jester; 11-22-2009 at 08:07 PM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

I was pretty pissed about the new soundcloud changes myself, but I decided it would be worth my money to quit my bitching and buy one of the premium accounts. I'm now giving the fine folks at SC 10 dollars a month to host my radio shows.

I don't know why, though. I think I have 26 downloads overall, and just over 130 or so listens.
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

Tech Mentor

What about podomatic? Have tried that?

Or what about opening a blogpost account? I think you have like 1 gig of space for files, but maybe it's only for pictures... of course you need to customize it and such... then use some flash player, or simply a download link. But hey, it's free.

I run a group on soundcloud. I actually thought the uploads would dry up after the changes but this isn't the case, if anything we've had to mod a lot more tracks in the last 2 weeks or so, and getting some adds from labels such as iboga and plusquam Which tells me that a lot of people are actually forking out some cash for the priviledge. We're gonna keep using it for sure, its user friendly and easy to put players on facebook etc. Then again if we weren't given as much space i'd have to reconsider. The max downloads thing doesn't bother me, just put another link in with the track info and you're good.
    Last edited by Jester; 11-22-2009 at 10:26 PM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by midian View Post
    TBH dude.. quit your damn bitching.
    Maaaaaaan that was super unfriendly.

I'm not so much bothered by the download limit as I am the whole time limit deal. But hey, all good things (ie: old soundcloud) come to an end, right?
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

just try alternatives then mypodcast.com

it cant be free forever right i mean to keep up with server usage and all things aint free all the time

I took one of the pro accounts it's too convenient to not use it and for like not alot of money not going to worry about it, must admit though tempted to get a podomatic website and run of that as well.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast