Limit the range for knobs??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Limit the range for knobs??

Hi. I'm still working on perfectionating my vci-100 and now i'm trying to get into some more technical problems. I'd like to limit the range on some knobs, so they can instantly select effects etc.

I read the article from ean golden about this, which also gave me the idea. But how do you actually do this? I downloaded bome midi translator trial (the only thing i can find for windows ?) but there is nothing about limiting an ouput whatsoever. Can this be done in traktor maybe? Didn't find it over there neither

Anyone's got ideas ?

Quote Originally Posted by barf View Post
    Hi. I'm still working on perfectionating my vci-100 and now i'm trying to get into some more technical problems. I'd like to limit the range on some knobs, so they can instantly select effects etc.
    The tool you need is a MIDI Translator, like Bome's MIDI Translator, that will intercept the CC messages sent out by the knob you want to limit and reinterprets the value to another range. For example you can map the continuous values generated by a CC (0..126) into quantized blocks of sixteen (0,0,0,0,16,16,16,16,32,32,32,32,48,48,48,48,...) using a bitwise AND operator and then divide the result by sixteen (0,0,0,0,1,1,1,1,2,2,2,2,3,3,3,3,....) to get you a smaller range.

By asking this questions you are crossing the threshold between someone who merely uses MIDI controllers and Controllerism Master. Welcome to the other side!

Well ye, i sort of know what needs to happen to get it done, only i can't find it in Bome =P Are there really no other usable programs than Bome? It all feels so old and creepy

Bome is actually really good program, though it could be better (feature requests are on their way). I like the no-fancy-pancy look, since it keeps it clean and doesn't eat unnecessary system resources. When I mix I don't have to look at it all the time so the looks don't matter. And when I'm programming with it, it nice and simple.

And Barf, you need the pro version trial to have the rules enabled. Those are the things you want to find.

Ah the rules, i thought they were solely for programming conditions, so i overwatched them :P

Clearly some interesting programming possibilities there; will try to find out how to actually limit things

About the setup: i should chose "USB audio device" as input (i know it is, because it adds to the list when i connect ze vci) and as output i should put it as well?

So, i found out how to get the signals from the vci into bome, out to traktor and letting traktor respond back to the vci (so buttons will light up etc). Something i can't seem to figure out:

- is there a way to tell the translator to let all the signals i haven't talked about through without touching them? Or do i really have to implement all signals, even if they aren't translated at all?

So, i found out how to get the signals from the vci into bome, out to traktor and letting traktor respond back to the vci (so buttons will light up etc). Something i can't seem to figure out:

- is there a way to tell the translator to let all the signals i haven't talked about through without touching them? Or do i really have to implement all signals, even if they aren't translated at all?
    That would be Options -> MIDI Thru

Awesome thx a lot; I'll be doing some more research on it and learning my way into midi programming, and then I'll make an UBERmiditranslationDEVICE

=D

Already created some special stuff now; I'll have my Genius Edition version ready soon :P

e.g: a twist with one single knob will trigger the H/L effect, make it go on and amped 100% instantly and manipulate the high on the left side of the knob and the low on the right side. It will put the effect off when put in the middle

Already created some special stuff now; I'll have my Genius Edition version ready soon :P

e.g: a twist with one single knob will trigger the H/L effect, make it go on and amped 100% instantly and manipulate the high on the left side of the knob and the low on the right side. It will put the effect off when put in the middle
    Welcome to the Bomes DIY club

I have a have a custom highpass/lowpass filter in Ableton that does what i think your trying to say, except it didn't have to be coded in Bomes. Try porting your audio into Ableton it will not only save you some(not all) Bomes programming time its also more powerful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast