CDJ-2000NXS2 Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default CDJ-2000NXS2 Thread

Yeah, a denon guy posting a pioneer thread
    So...big points for me:
    - DDJ-SP1 connecting to CDJ's and controlling cue points etc.
    - HID connection to DJ software (probably only Rekordbox DJ in this mode) via 1 USB cable

Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Mentor

tbh, i was expecting more.

it seems like they just put a touch screen on it and threw a better sound card in.
    Technics 1210 / Pioneer plx 1000 / Xone 42 / Adam a3x / UA apollo twin / Maschine mikro / Ableton live 9 / Maschine 2 / MBP Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Killing time View Post

it seems like they just put a touch screen on it and threw a better sound card in.
    what were you expecting exactly that they didn't add?

Tech Mentor

i thought they were going to put in a more playable cue function set, similar to what that add on controller does. also updates to the user interface, such screens with adjustable angles and smoother platters like the ones on the ddj-sx.

also, there is still a cupholder absent from this whole thing. c'mon pioneer, get it together over there.
    Technics 1210 / Pioneer plx 1000 / Xone 42 / Adam a3x / UA apollo twin / Maschine mikro / Ableton live 9 / Maschine 2 / MBP Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015

also, there is still a cupholder absent from this whole thing. c'mon pioneer, get it together over there.
    Agreed- my current car cost less than just one of these things and not only does it have a bigger qwerty touch screen display, it actually has TWO cupholders!

It also holds 6 x cds vs just one in the CDJ. Oh and can drive me to work.

Who's laughing now Pioneer!
    https://www.facebook.com/ekmobile.entertainment / http://soundcloud.com/dave-eden
    2 Denon SC2900, Denon Dn-x1600, 2 Vestax PDX2000mk2, 2 Technics 1210, Stanton SK6, Gemini SA600mk2, Pio HDJ1500, 2 Synergy CD2000 (antiques)

Tech Mentor

they added a lot to these, I wont upgrade most likely from the nexus 1 but the new features are nice

Enhanced, next generation sound with support for FLAC/ALAC files
    Read more

Every aspect of the CDJ-2000NXS2’s sound design has been fine-tuned to produce a crisper, clearer sound and support the highest quality formats:
    96 kHz/24-bit sound card: high-res sound reproduction with no loss of quality.
    FLAC and ALAC support: play with the highest quality formats.
    Improved Digital Out: ensures a detailed reproduction of high-res audio.
    32-bit D/A converter: eliminates distortion and noise on analogue sources.
    Separate analogue power supply: reduces unwanted noise.
    Full-colour touch screen with faster browsing and more detailed track information
    Read more

The CDJ-2000NXS2 has a high-resolution, 7-inch touch screen, and adds a host of features for faster browsing and more intuitive performances:
    Track Filter mode: use the touch screen to filter tracks by rekordbox information such as BPM, key or My Tags.
    Keyword search: bring up the Qwerty keyboard to search for tracks by name.
    Multicoloured wave display: full-colour wave form and Wave Zoom.
    Needle Countdown: touch a point in the track to see how many beats away it is.
    Shortcut button: instantly switch to Browse mode or bring up My Settings.
    Expanded performance features for even greater possibilities and creativity
    Read more

The CDJ-2000NXS2 builds on its predecessor’s most popular features – including Beat Sync, Slip Mode and Hot Cue Auto Load – and takes it up a gear with:
    8 colour-coded Hot Cues: 2 banks of 4 Hot Cues deliver even more choice and control in the mix. Either set the cues and colours in rekordbox or use the simplified workflow to set them on-the-fly.
    MIDI controller interface: connect the DDJ-SP1 add-on controller with one USB cable to control up to 4 CDJ-2000NXS2s using Pro DJ Link – giving you instant access to more Hot Cues, loops, slip mode and browsing.
    Fractional beat Quantize: choose between ⅛, ¼ and ½ beat Quantize for more precision and versatility.
    Pro DJ Link enables even more features
    Read more

Pro DJ Link lets you share one source across up to 4 players and unlocks a host of information and features such as Beat Sync and Beat Countdown. Now we’ve added:
    More detailed Phase Meter: see the track’s progression through the bar, beats and between the beats.
    Improved beat grids: beat grids are now accurate to the microsecond, exactly matching the rekordbox beat grid for total reliability over the course of a mix.
    Quantized Beat Jump: jump backwards or forwards 1 beat from the current playback position.
    See full rekordbox track information including NEW colour-coded Memory Cues
    Read more

As always, you can analyse and prepare your tracks in rekordbox and view vital information on the player’s screen, including BPM, Beat Countdown and Phase Meter. New to the CDJ-2000NXS2 are Memory Cues, which let you name a cue, e.g. ‘my breakdown’, give it a colour, and then see that information on the CDJ-2000NXS2’s screen.
    Other features:
    Read more

Supports rekordbox dj HID control – a rekordbox dj add-on that will be available soon.
    Three-position lever for Slip Reverse, Forward and Reverse.
    Multicoloured USB port light: shows a colour you’ve pre-set in rekordbox (e.g. blue for a techno USB stick) when you plug the USB stick in.
    Auto-standby
    High quality, anti-scratch aluminium top plate.
    Last edited by brichi; 01-12-2016 at 08:51 AM.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Irrational Fear View Post
    Agreed- my current car cost less than just one of these things and not only does it have a bigger qwerty touch screen display, it actually has TWO cupholders!

It also holds 6 x cds vs just one in the CDJ. Oh and can drive me to work.

Who's laughing now Pioneer!
    new potential strategy to sell pioneer hardware:

1) develop new product
    2) add cup holder
    3) ???

4) profit

spot-on comment from another user at djworx:

That is Pioneer's MO. They are very rarely pioneering.

They wait for other people to introduce ideas and technology and see what works and what doesn't, tweak it a little and then claim that they are innovative and this all new feature that will now allow DJs to do blah blah blah...

If you are not looking to use a ton of EFX or use 4 turntables I don't see much reason to upgrade to the 900NXS2 other than dual USB.

The features added to the 2000NXS2 are basically stuff that should have been there in the beginning like 8 hot cues. It was funny when Laidback Luke was like if "you don't have a cue point you can just push the button and now its there"...and I'm like "ahhhh that's how every piece of DJ gear other than Pioneer works" Oh well at least the price of used 900NXS will drop some.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Mentor

and don't forget the added bugs that will have to be worked out for 6 months

I think, there is another player coming right soon. IMO Pioneer aims the NXS2 at Clubs, Festivals, Promoters and the small percentage of DJs who can/want to afford it.

The gap between the flagship and the next player is even bigger with 2200 for the NXS2 and around 1400 for the 900NXS (and 1000 for the XDJ-1000). And the 900NXS launched five years ago like the 2000NXS1.

So I think the new player for the average DJ or use at home will be a CDJ/XDJ-1500 for around 1500. It will have all the touchscreen functionality of the new players combined with the hardware controls (to make out to the XDJ-1000) of the NXS2 with some missing. Like the differences between the 900NXS and 2000NXS1. So no SD, no integrated Hot Cues (but maybe with DDJ-SP1), no Jog adjust and maybe no CD.

And that would definitely be my player of choice

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast