Storing Hotcues AFTER the 8 available BLUE slots...? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The problem with Traktor is that if a track has free numbered Hotcues available, which is what patch (as well as i) would like to have, and additonally some unnumbered Hotcues in use (like a Fade-In marker or even an unnumbered Gridmarker), Traktor assignes the free numbers to the unnumbered Hotcues (in sequence btw) under a couple of circumstances automatically, which is what we would like to prevent.

Tech Guru

Nice feature for an update, "Store Cue" and "Store Hotcue" buttons.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

I *THINK* it was an existing feature in Traktor (non-Pro) 3...?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

This worked at my end:

1) add all 8 hotcues.
    2) map "Set cue and store as a next cue". Once it's mapped press the button to set next cue (9th)
    3) change the cue type to anything except the Grid marker. (Traktor won't allow it)
    3) map "jump to next/previous cue" buttons to navigate cues while messing with invisible ones.

That's just what i did before. Still reassignes numbers when [condition] happens. :/
    What i do with a fresh track is:
    1. listen to it, setting cues with " set cue and store as next hotcue"
    2. set one additional hotcue that i don't need
    3. map the last unnumbered hotcue that i set first to hotcue 8, then 7 etc last to 1.
    4. delete hotcue 1. now i only have unnumbered hotcues.
    5. go through all unnumbered hotcues from start to finish with "jump to next/previous hotcue" and
      1. change type to what i need
      2. assign number if i need it with "map" function
      3. delete hotcues i don't need with "delete current hotcue"

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Set a cue point by pressing the next available slot - you get a blue cue point.
    Change the cue point to a beat grid in the drop down - the blue hot cue disappears.
    Change the grid marker to a Fade in Marker - no hot cues are used but you have your Fade In point
    Yes, this does exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

Sounds like we have an answer!!! I've just moved house so all my stuff is in boxes - but this is the FIRST thing I'll be trying when my gear back up and running.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    This worked at my end:

1) add all 8 hotcues.
    2) map "Set cue and store as a next cue". Once it's mapped press the button to set next cue (9th)
    3) change the cue type to anything except the Grid marker. (Traktor won't allow it)
    3) map "jump to next/previous cue" buttons to navigate cues while messing with invisible ones.
    Just stumbled on this thread, awesome stuff will certainly be trying this out once ive finished the 9-5 thanks stewe i now know how i will be spending the majority of my weekend

What I do when using Traktor is, after I've got all my cues set up, I drop an extra cue... [Store] it, then [Map] it to all the hot cues that I don't actually want, then delete it. This allows me to have more than 8 total stored cues, without having all 8 of my hotcues used.

The reason for this is that my hotcues are meaningful, if a song doesn't have what one of them is for, then I want it empty rather than just something random.

Actually, let me correct that... the specific numbers were meaningful for me. I'm a little looser with what my cues mean now, but only a little. I abuse markers pretty hard, not for what they're meant for, but primarily as informational markers. Regular cues indicate my mix-in points, loops indicate sections with vocals, fade-ins bracket odd-length phrases (like one-bar fills and such), load markers indicate sections with drastically different BPM than the rest of the track, etc. My tracks usually have a good 15 or 20 markers in them (sometimes more).

OCD - it's a helluva affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by deathy View Post
    What I do when using Traktor is, after I've got all my cues set up, I drop an extra cue... [Store] it, then [Map] it to all the hot cues that I don't actually want, then delete it.
    Or drop 1 extra cue for every hot cue you don't need in the same spot (End of track?], change type to fade out (for easy recognition], remap to the 'free' numbers. But don't delete them yet, so we can avoid Traktor's automatic reassignment on export, remap, etc.
    Result: You will have a number of orange (fade-out) marked extra unneeded hotcues (e.g. hcs 5 thru 8), which can be used on the fly, if you delete them first AND as many unnumbered 'Markers' in your track as you want. That's my solution... not the best but it works.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast