Storing Hotcues AFTER the 8 available BLUE slots...? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by deathy
    What I do when using Traktor is, after I've got all my cues set up, I drop an extra cue... [Store] it, then [Map] it to all the hot cues that I don't actually want, then delete it. This allows me to have more than 8 total stored cues, without having all 8 of my hotcues used.

The reason for this is that my hotcues are meaningful, if a song doesn't have what one of them is for, then I want it empty rather than just something random.
    Church.

Quote Originally Posted by deathy
    OCD - it's a helluva affliction.
    I hear ya...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Revisiting this. There is REAL value in being able to set cuepoints in the non-hotcue slots and leaving the 8 hotcue slots open for saving to - especially if (like me) you use Traktors Beats to Cue timer.

Could I set up a mapping (it would probably be a keyboard mapping) to:

1) SET 8 new cue points (taking the NEXT available cue-point slot to one of the non-hotcue slots)
    2) drop a new cue point using "store to next available cue slot" command
    3) DELETE the 8 that I set in step 1)

These non-hotcues would likely NEVER be triggered. They'd just be markers for the Beats to Cue counter to count to.

Would this work PRIOR to adding ANY hotcues? So, I'd add in all of the non-hotcue cues (lets call them countdown cues), then add in hotcues after that (if needed) using my existing midi mapping.

Isn't there a "store to next available cue slot" command in Traktor? So - the first countdown cue would be set to slot 9, then subsequent countdown cues would be stored in the next available slots, 10, then 11, and so on...).

This has been bugging me for ages.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123