Storing Hotcues AFTER the 8 available BLUE slots...?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Storing Hotcues AFTER the 8 available BLUE slots...?

Take a look at this thread over at NI:

https://www.native-instruments.com/f...ration.265609/

It looks like this guy is able to store a load marker outside of the 8 hotcues. Hopefully, this leaves a load marker stored at location 9, and leaves locations 1 - 8 free to be assigned later on on.

Anyone tried this? I must admit I got pretty lost when he said "Open new collection that only holds this track."
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

lol, this is like glitching in video games
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

He also does unnecessary steps as someone also told him.
    You can store more than 8 hotcues in traktor. If the first 8 slots are taken traktor will create a ninth one, and so on (can't remember the max). You can't access it/them through your hotcue button(s), you can on the other hand use the hotcue menu/list in the software. It is handy for load markers and to create points to remember even if they're not 'playable' as such.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

That's exactly what I want to do. (Traktor can hold 32 cue points - I don't think I'll EVER use 'em all! ).

I want to set load/fade-in/fade-out markers that are NOT accessible by the Hotcue Buttons (so "load marker" could always be cue point 9, "fade-in" could always be 10, "fade-out" could always be 11, etc...). BUT - I want the Hotcue Buttons to remain empty, so that I can assign them to loops or cue points when I decise what they will be.

The "point" of all this, is to have the visual indicators on the wave form, BUT NOT taking up a performance Hotcue Slot... (Which I want for cue-points for juggling/skipping, etc...)

It feels like this guy is almost there - but I can't really understand how to do it.

The important thing for me - is to have the visual indicators on the waveform, AND have all 8 Hotcues EMPTY for later assignment. What I need to avoid, is setting all of my hotcues FIRST, THEN adding the load/fade markers in no-hotcue cuepoint slots. Because, while I will know where the load marker/fade markers will be, I won't know where my hotcues will be until I have played the tune a few (many...) times.

(It feels like this can potentially be done with some clever mapping (ie - set a single button press to set 8 cuepoints (all the hotcue slots), THEN set a load marker (that will default to the next available cuepoint (cuepoint 9)), THEN DELETE the previous 8 cuepoints (hopefully leaving the load marker at slot 9)), but I'm buggered if I know how to do that!!!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

Actually that is pretty easy to map. The problem lies with Traktor's automatic reassignment of Hotcue numbers. If even one of the first 8 Hotcues is free Traktor will assign them to the 'unnumbered' Hotcues at some point, which i haven't been able to determine.

Well that just sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    (It feels like this can potentially be done with some clever mapping (ie - set a single button press to set 8 cuepoints (all the hotcue slots), THEN set a load marker (that will default to the next available cuepoint (cuepoint 9)), THEN DELETE the previous 8 cuepoints (hopefully leaving the load marker at slot 9)), but I'm buggered if I know how to do that!!!
    I think this is possible. Some of our mapping wizards should know more (if it's possible to map this to a single button or 8 of them depending on the number of hotcues previously assigned to a track)
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

The problem lies with Traktor's automatic reassignment of Hotcue numbers.
    ^Seen this? That's the problem (I think). If you have a Load Marker saved as a cuepoint at Position 9, then you delete Hotcues 1 to 8, that Load Marker (possibly?) get's reassigned automagically to the next free cuepoint, which would now be Hotcue 1.

On these two occasions Traktor automatically reassign all free Hotcue numbers:
    1. Using (importing) an exported Traktor playlist (which should contain all stored hotcues for it's tracks)
    2. Using Traktor's 'Map Hotcue' function to manually reassign the current (last used or set) Hotcue to one of the first 8 numbers.
    3. Using Traktor's 'Store Next Hotcue' function (Set Cue and Store as next Hotcue and Store Floating Cue/Loop as Next Hotcue)

If you happen to stumble on any other conditions for this, please let us know...
    Last edited by Sulherokhh; 01-13-2016 at 03:08 PM. Reason: more shit

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Apologies I didn't read any of the thread, I just saw Patch's post.

That's exactly what I want to do. (Traktor can hold 32 cue points - I don't think I'll EVER use 'em all! ).
    You can set over 100. Rainer stopped counting at 100.

I want to set load/fade-in/fade-out markers that are NOT accessible by the Hotcue Buttons (so "load marker" could always be cue point 9, "fade-in" could always be 10, "fade-out" could always be 11, etc...). BUT - I want the Hotcue Buttons to remain empty, so that I can assign them to loops or cue points when I decise what they will be.

The "point" of all this, is to have the visual indicators on the wave form, BUT NOT taking up a performance Hotcue Slot... (Which I want for cue-points for juggling/skipping, etc...)
    :
    This can be done, it's a bit fiddly but it can be done in the software.

Set a cue point by pressing the next available slot - you get a blue cue point.
    Change the cue point to a beat grid in the drop down - the blue hot cue disappears.
    Change the grid marker to a Fade in Marker - no hot cues are used but you have your Fade In point

I haven't tested this - I just messing about seeing if it could be done. I dunno it they are mappable but you can use the hot cue jump buttons on the software so you could map 'next/previous cut point' to a controller.

Sorry if I misundertood the question Ive been asleep for about 6 months

Karlos

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast