Numark Omni Control / Hercules RMX?
    Tech Student

Default Numark Omni Control / Hercules RMX?

I have done quite a bit of reading here and would like to know what you guys think of the Numark Omni Control or the Hercules RMX? I am totally new and need a cheap digital setup to get started. I really need this to be in the 300 range. I have read that the BCD3000 and MK2 are no go. So I thought that this would be the next logical way to go? I would love any help.

Tech Wizard

I have an omni its alright. you definitely get what you pay for, has those 8 endless pots that are good for effects. I would recommend going with the stealth and a seperate soundcard. Makes it easier to upgrade in the future and soundcard in the omni makes a buzzing sound with some computers.

Tech Wizard

Hello,

I just bought a OmniControl and I plugged the soundcard into my computer (I have an Intel Macbook) and sure enough, I could hear that buzzing, whining, feedback sound from Output 1 of the OmniControl.

I am using Traktor LE, so I switched the Master from Output 1 to Output 2, and the buzzing was considerably reduced. However, when I make Output 1 as Master and Output 2 as Monitor, the headphones also switch to master, and I can't use them as monitors.

You mentioned in your thread that the OmniControl only buzzes with some computers. Does it work fine at times and not at others? Does it work fine on a large sound system? Also, is there any way to use the headphones as monitors but while keeping Output 2 of the OmniControl as the master output?

I would really appreciate it if you can help me out, as I have a sinking feeling that I might have gotten a defective OmniControl.

Thanks!