How can I save an fx chain?

Default How can I save an fx chain?

On the midifighter twister, I have it set up so that there are knobs to scroll through the effects list and choose new effects in the chain. I am hoping to program a function wherein I can assign those three effects to a button without going into the controller mapping. Then later when I press that button the effects chain that I saved will come up. I want it to function similar to how you can save beats in the midifighter sequencer mapping.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by bobtina View Post
    On the midifighter twister, I have it set up so that there are knobs to scroll through the effects list and choose new effects in the chain. I am hoping to program a function wherein I can assign those three effects to a button without going into the controller mapping. Then later when I press that button the effects chain that I saved will come up. I want it to function similar to how you can save beats in the midifighter sequencer mapping.
    Sadly I don't think you can do this without at least some work in the controller manager.

You can implement this by mapping effect selector 1, 2, and 3 commands to whatever button you want to use.

the controller type should be button>direct.

you can select what effect you want to load into the slot in the "set to value" drop-down menu.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Pre-Mapping is the other way of doing this. But also note that the Midifighter Twister has 16 internal memory banks where you can save all the parameters including FX settings and recall the snapshot layer at any time by holding down the right handed lower side button.
    You can also take a save a snapshot of your FX state and parameter but you only have a single preset in each FX Unit in Traktor.
    Check out this DJTechTools blog article to learn more.