DM2 Arcade Button Mod Wiring Help - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Tech Wizard

I need to do a bunch of fixes for Snow Leopard to do new builds.
    In the mean time, the Beta 4 should send midi notes 79-82 for the 1-4 buttons on the bottom in single bank mode already.

EDIT:"
    My mistake. That's a version I was testing. I'm having a lot of issue with snow leo as Apple moved around MIDIServer quite a bit and I'm getting errors now from USB I never had before so it's double whammy of errors. The easiest thing for me to do is to drop support for anything older than 10.6 but I don't really want to so I'll keep hammering away to get a 32/64bit version that runs down to at least 10.5, maybe 10.4.

EDIT 2:
    I went back to some older, very basic code that just tests transfers to and from the device and it appears there has been change somewhere to the USB system that causes problems with this device. I will probably have to wait for someone from Apple's USB team to look into this with me.

EDIT 3:
    SO I spent the better part of today trying everything I could think of. Including starting from scratch using an example USB MIDI driver code base Apple provides that has been updated for Snow Leo. Still doesn't work. I discovered that the old and new code runs just fine on my older Macbook Pro though, so I did a bunch of debugging and sent my results over to Apple's USB group hoping they might have some insight on why it works on one machine but not another. Unfortunately the one it doesn't work on is my main machine so I can't really make any changes until this is resovled.
    This probably also explains why some users more recently couldn't use the driver either. Blame MixMan, as they broke USB standards with this device.
    Last edited by JoeM; 04-26-2010 at 04:14 PM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789