Deciding on Turntables!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Deciding on Turntables!

Hello All,

So I am trying to decide on what turn tables I should buy.

At the top are the Pioneer PLX-1000, which are more money than I want to invest but I can.

But how do the STANTON ST150 compare to the Pioneer decks?

Picking up Technic is a option but my craigslist in my area is rather dry in terms of used gear.

Any other good options?

I am also pretty sure I will pick up the Traktor Z2 to use with em.
    Last edited by banedox; 01-18-2016 at 04:45 PM.

The Stanton ST150s are a great turntable, you won't go wrong with a pair of those. Other alternatives to consider would be the Reloop RP7000s and the flagship Audio Technica model. There are a couple of others too, the names of which escape me at the moment. All of the above are around a similar price- but all cheaper than the PLX-1000.

Second hand you could also look for any of the above to get them a bit cheaper, or the other two obvious options are a pair of Technics (a good condition pair will probably be more expensive than the other TTs listed), or a pair of Vestax PDX2000s (ideally Mk2s) which should be around half the cost of the Technics and most likely the cheapest option overall.

They are the options I would be looking at for turntables, yes most of those manufacturers make cheaper models but the above models are the ones you want- for the build quality and the torque. They are all turntables that you will never have to 'upgrade' from.
    https://www.facebook.com/ekmobile.entertainment / http://soundcloud.com/dave-eden
    2 Denon SC2900, Denon Dn-x1600, 2 Vestax PDX2000mk2, 2 Technics 1210, Stanton SK6, Gemini SA600mk2, Pio HDJ1500, 2 Synergy CD2000 (antiques)

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Irrational Fear View Post
    The Stanton ST150s are a great turntable, you won't go wrong with a pair of those. Other alternatives to consider would be the Reloop RP7000s and the flagship Audio Technica model. There are a couple of others too, the names of which escape me at the moment. All of the above are around a similar price- but all cheaper than the PLX-1000.

Second hand you could also look for any of the above to get them a bit cheaper, or the other two obvious options are a pair of Technics (a good condition pair will probably be more expensive than the other TTs listed), or a pair of Vestax PDX2000s (ideally Mk2s) which should be around half the cost of the Technics and most likely the cheapest option overall.

They are the options I would be looking at for turntables, yes most of those manufacturers make cheaper models but the above models are the ones you want- for the build quality and the torque. They are all turntables that you will never have to 'upgrade' from.
    Thanks for the Awesome Post. So I found a pair of Technics 1200 MK5 in black with a Rain 62 Mixer. A bit more expensive but they look brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by banedox View Post
    Thanks for the Awesome Post. So I found a pair of Technics 1200 MK5 in black with a Rain 62 Mixer. A bit more expensive but they look brand new.
    That would be a helluva setup. MK5's w/ a Rane 62? You'd be set for life with that rig if you take care of them.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    That would be a helluva setup. MK5's w/ a Rane 62? You'd be set for life with that rig if you take care of them.
    I plan on taking care of the and eventually i am going to do a complete take down and get it custom painted and do all the mods on em.

00q0q_6Q1HQ3UkuDO_600x450.jpg

That is the exact thing I am picking up. Case and Stand included. also comes with 2x Ortofon NightClub heads

I might plan on just selling the Rane, but what do you guys think that costs to pick up? Wondering what people think numbers are?
    Last edited by banedox; 01-19-2016 at 11:57 AM.

Schalenberg

Whoa, nice!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Schalenberg View Post
    Whoa, nice!
    my exact thoughts texted the guy and he still had it. Found on craigslist, going to pick it up in NYC friday night!

I'd be more concerned with the physical weight of that than the price. I thought a coffin case would be great for lugging decks around - until I lifted it with decks in it and tried to take a couple steps.

My guess is 2500 with 2K being what I'd consider a bargain.
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

I'd be more concerned with the physical weight of that than the price. I thought a coffin case would be great for lugging decks around - until I lifted it with decks in it and tried to take a couple steps.

Lol. People used to look at me like I was crazy carrying my coffin around everywhere there werent CDJ's.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Wizard

The listing was for 2500, offered him 2150 and got it for 2250. Which i think is awfully reasonable if i want to resell it as parts. which I most definitely might if i want to pick up Mk3 technics and do a complete teardown and refurbish of em. I want orange decks =P

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    Lol. People used to look at me like I was crazy carrying my coffin around everywhere there werent CDJ's.
    Why do people think you are crazy?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast