Another iTunes and MP3 problem!

Default Another iTunes and MP3 problem!

Hey guys,
    So a couple of weeks ago, I needed some help because some of my beatport MP3s were not being registered by iTunes (I'd drag 10 songs in and only 7 would be read, the other 3 could be played fine through WMP. I eventually just ran them through audacity and successfully loaded the new versions into iTunes just fine.)
    Well, that was back before I decided to store and organize my music in iTunes. Now that I've cleared my other music storage files and have moved everything into iTunes, I'm getting similar problems.
    Some files show up in iTunes, but when I try to play them, nothing happens, it doesn't even ask me to locate the file. I looked in my iTunes storage and the file is there and works fine in WMP and Traktor, but iTunes won't play it. I ran several through audacity until I realized this is happening to 100+ of my tunes. Now, I also bought some songs last night from Beatport and loaded them into iTunes. All songs were playing just fine until this afternoon, for some reason, I can no longer play about 1/3 of the songs that were playing just fine a few hours ago... (I can still play them in WMP - it's just iTunes with the problem).

Has anyone ever had similar problems? Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Hey dude do you copy the tracks into the iTunes folder? It could be a tag issue as iTunes uses 2.3 by default. Actually it could be a lot of things lol. Do you have the latest version?
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

There are entire albums that I've had to re-rip or re-encode because iTunes wouldn't load them *sigh*

Honestly, the only thing I could do was re-encode them with Audacity or re-rip them right to iTunes. It's a pain in the ass, but it worked.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    Hey dude do you copy the tracks into the iTunes folder? It could be a tag issue as iTunes uses 2.3 by default. Actually it could be a lot of things lol. Do you have the latest version?
    I drag the songs from my Beatport folder and then into the iTunes library. Then I let iTunes do the organizing of copying the files into the correct artist/album breakdown. Should I do that manually and drag the file from folder to folder and then to iTunes? And I have the latest version of iTunes...

Ah and DvlsAdvct don't tell me this!!!! But thanks, I guess if that's the only solution I may have to... it's just a pain in the ass because the only way I can figure out which songs don't work is when I actually want to listen to them...

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Vly View Post
    Ah and DvlsAdvct don't tell me this!!!! But thanks, I guess if that's the only solution I may have to... it's just a pain in the ass because the only way I can figure out which songs don't work is when I actually want to listen to them...
    Wait... so it's adding them to iTunes and then not playing them? Yeah, just read that too.

Well, just check everything when you add it. It's a pain in the ass, but, well, it's what we gotta deal with. I've had to re-rip a bunch of albums cause it was just faster than reconverting them
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

If you have the "Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library" checked in the "advanced" tab in the "preferences" drop down, tracks will be automatically added to your HD when added to your library. Meaning, double clicking the file will(should) open the song in iTunes, in turn, adding it to your music folder on the HD. I've had a similar problem, where I would add a file/folder, and a few songs would not copy over. On a whim, I double clicked the file in the original folder, it opened in iTunes and played, and was auto added. Sometimes the info and track don't mesh up and need to be "re-sync'd".
    Also, I believe some songs have "code" on them making playback on iTunes unlikely. I think Whitelabel.net(serato) has this function....where the songs downloaded from Whitelabel.net are only able to be played on Serato. Maybe your song is similar?

Sorry if you've already thought of these options. Good luck.
    Last edited by Bodega Brad; 11-23-2009 at 10:26 AM.

Tech Wizard

Hi,

I find how to fix this problem;

Download ID3Tag, then import your music on it, then delete "TAG" and now import your music in itune's.

That's all