Problem with ddj sr
    Tech Mentor

Default Problem with ddj sr

So i have a ddj sr and I'm having issues with the left hand channel fader. I noticed this on Serato.

The channel fader is lacking volume while i bring the fader up, until it reaches the top its at full normal volume.

SO i tried it in Tractor to actually see the visual of the channel fader and its glitchy as hell, its also setting off the left hand channels loops scrolling through them crazily.

I also noticed which i didn't notice in Serato that when i adjust the left hand channels tempo it turns on a few effects and the lights come on also sets of the right hand channels FX2 Assign on the totally different deck!!

What the hell is this about? Would new faders cure this? I mean i can still use it but its not good!

Cheers guys
    Macco

Tech Mentor

I have also tried on a different laptop and its the same with Serato, i have noticed the that Temp fader is fine in Serato and doesn't set anything off, but in Traktor its messes up. Main priority really is the left channel fader...

How is the gain knob in Serato look for channel 1? That would be the first place I would look. If that's fine, my guess would be you got a bum controller. Time to cash in on that warranty

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by overcast View Post
    How is the gain knob in Serato look for channel 1? That would be the first place I would look. If that's fine, my guess would be you got a bum controller. Time to cash in on that warranty
    Will check, and have no warranty left on it. Its only a year correct?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Macco View Post
    Will check, and have no warranty left on it. Its only a year correct?
    It depends on where you bought it. Normally it's 1y in the US & Canada, can't recall if Europe had longer ones. Wouldn't hurt to contact Pioneer anyway!