RP-8000 STRAIGHT vs PLX-1000 Tables
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default RP-8000 STRAIGHT vs PLX-1000 Tables

Ive started Djing in 2001 on Techs. In 2011 I took a break and sold my decks, ( dumb I know lol ) Now Im looking to get back into it as a serious hobby. After lots of research it came down to the RP-8000 STRAIGHT vs PLX-1000

Beside the Midi on the 8000 what els is the difference?
    Im looking for advice for people that have used one or both.

Thanx guys.

Tech Wizard

I am new as well, but I was told the PLX-1000 are pretty much the best in lue of buying mint condition MK5s.

I also noticed the reloop deck has a straight arm, vs the S arm on the plx.

Quote Originally Posted by banedox View Post
    I am new as well, but I was told the PLX-1000 are pretty much the best in lue of buying mint condition MK5s.
    I think that is what Pioneer's well-oiled marketing hype train would have people believe, I've read/seen such conflicting opinions on the PLX it isn't the one I would go for.

To me it's essentially another Super OEM with most of the cool Super OEM features stripped out, but with a significantly higher price. They have added there usual premium to the PLXs, without having the dominant market share to really get away with it like they can on their CDJs/mixers. There are too many other high quality, established alternatives out there for them to get away with pulling that stunt in the TT market, and for that I will pass.

I will fully admit that is said without yet having the chance to try the PLXs- maybe then I'd change my mind, but everything I've read suggests they don't do anything significantly different to the Super OEMs to justify the hike in price.

For me personally the best 'new' TTs available at the mo are the Reloop RP8000, or the RP7000 (for the same deck without the midi). I've used the 7000 several times now and I prefer it to any of the other super OEMs I've tried, and even over my own Tech 1210s or recently sold Vestax PDXs.

Both Reloop models are also significantly cheaper than the PLX as there is no Pioneer tax, and I prefer the 'classic TT' look of them too for what it's worth. Even available in white for the pimps and sl1200 silver for the retro enthusiasts.
    https://www.facebook.com/ekmobile.entertainment / http://soundcloud.com/dave-eden
    2 Denon SC2900, Denon Dn-x1600, 2 Vestax PDX2000mk2, 2 Technics 1210, Stanton SK6, Gemini SA600mk2, Pio HDJ1500, 2 Synergy CD2000 (antiques)

If I didn't have 1200's, I'd definitely have Reloops.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Irrational Fear View Post
    I think that is what Pioneer's well-oiled marketing hype train would have people believe, I've read/seen such conflicting opinions on the PLX it isn't the one I would go for.

To me it's essentially another Super OEM with most of the cool Super OEM features stripped out, but with a significantly higher price. They have added there usual premium to the PLXs, without having the dominant market share to really get away with it like they can on their CDJs/mixers. There are too many other high quality, established alternatives out there for them to get away with pulling that stunt in the TT market, and for that I will pass.

I will fully admit that is said without yet having the chance to try the PLXs- maybe then I'd change my mind, but everything I've read suggests they don't do anything significantly different to the Super OEMs to justify the hike in price.

For me personally the best 'new' TTs available at the mo are the Reloop RP8000, or the RP7000 (for the same deck without the midi). I've used the 7000 several times now and I prefer it to any of the other super OEMs I've tried, and even over my own Tech 1210s or recently sold Vestax PDXs.

Both Reloop models are also significantly cheaper than the PLX as there is no Pioneer tax, and I prefer the 'classic TT' look of them too for what it's worth. Even available in white for the pimps and sl1200 silver for the retro enthusiasts.
    Thanks, thats actually helpful to my self. Good thing I am picking up MK5 Black Technics this friday.

Tech Student

The price point is only a $2.00 difference right now. I wish there was a place you could go demo tables like back in the old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    This!
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

I have 1210s and I still want a pair of the Reloops!

I moved my Vestax PDXs on with a view to hopefully getting a pair of the 7000s when I move into a new place later this year- plan is to build a custom unit in the lounge with flush mounted turntables. If only I could decide on a colour!
    https://www.facebook.com/ekmobile.entertainment / http://soundcloud.com/dave-eden
    2 Denon SC2900, Denon Dn-x1600, 2 Vestax PDX2000mk2, 2 Technics 1210, Stanton SK6, Gemini SA600mk2, Pio HDJ1500, 2 Synergy CD2000 (antiques)

Silver, or silver?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Silver, or silver?
    It's the leading contender

My 1210s are obviously black so I want to go different, and as much as I love the white I wonder if it would look a bit to medical/pimpish for something permanently on display in the living room...

Silver would look awesome with just the right amount of retro I reckon.

Last edited by Irrational Fear; 01-20-2016 at 02:20 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast