Traktor Config Editor Very Slow With Multiple Midi Maps
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor Config Editor Very Slow With Multiple Midi Maps

I recently brought a DDJ SX2 to use with TP2, after importing the default midi maps and settings supplied by pioneer i found the whole config editor was extremely slow to open, work with and then close and also prone to crashing. The SX2 mapping is divided into about 8 individual maps and I also have F1 and X1 maps as well. These multiple maps seem to be the cause of the slow response and instability of the Config editor.
    If i remove the Pioneer maps and just have the X1 and F1 every thing returns to normal speed.

Is anyone else experiencing this type of issue or Know of a solution to fix it. I would like to edit the mappings but this issue is driving me insane.

Drives me insane too. If i am working on any mappings i kick out everything i don't need, keeping only the bare minimum necessary. Helps quite a bit.

Have you tried combining the SX2 Mappings into a single Mapping?

Should be doable - since you won't have conflicting midi channels/messages... IT'll only be an issue if there are multiple (shared?) modifiers...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

yes + you have a lot of mapping in your setup less is your traktor on start ,Patch say good make it all in one single mapping with "xtreme mapping"
    A&H Xone2D & 1D+Djm800+BST PR 4,5 (x3)+ M-Jam + mac
    https://soundcloud.com/dj-wo-k
    https://www.facebook.com/dj.wo.k

I can understand why you have seperate mappings. It's easier to locate and edit the mapping if an issue rears it's head. What I suggest is this:

Get your hands dirty..
    Have a MIDI input .tsi
    Have a MIDI output (led) .tsi
    (For the SX2)

Then keep each other controller to their own all in one map, due to less commands.

You'll end up with 4 mapping files, instead of 10. Much easier for the computer to handle.

That's it, easy to identify problems too. Multiple maps will slow the config menu down, no doubt about it, as it reacts to saving/importing/exporting lots of multiple files, instead of a few.
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Combine 'em all into 1 mapping. BUT, before you do, add the name of the original mapping to the comments section in each mapping. Then you can sort by comments if you need to troubleshoot...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Also check how many modifiers are used in each of the mapping devices of your SX mapping. You might want to keep this in mind because there are only 8 modifiers available for each individual part of the mapping.

^Just to clarify what Stewe siad - in any ONE mappping, you can have a total of EIGHT modifiers. This means, if you have 4 separate mappings, with 3 modifiers in each, you have a total of TWELVE modifiers - so you CANNOT combine the 4 separate mappings into 1.

Also - let's say you have 4 mappings, each with 2 modifiers in each. You CAN combine these mappings into a single mapping, BUT, you MUST ENSURE that ever modifier has an individual number/reference.

So, if 1 mapping has 2 modifers (let's say M1 and M2), and another mapping ALSO has 2 modifiers (also M1 and M2), you'd need to change the modifier references (you'd change them from M1 & M2, to M3 & M4) in one mapping so that when combined, there are not conflicting modifers.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I've always been saying that if there were more modifiers available, there could be less mapping devices involved so the lag would be less noticeable...

Not to troll mostly for curiosity why do you have such complex mapping? And what do you mean slow... I have mapping a loaded in traktor for my ns6/2xbehringer cmd-pl1 that have been modified from stock mapping then my z1 &z2 although thoose are hid so likely be affected and are in modded my arturia beatstep for when I wann mess around with freeze control so is mapped just to control the freeze/slice feature and my vestax typhoon... I have zero issues only time I ever had issues was before I disabled multi core support

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast