Trying to find the best cheap but good headset for a beginner DJ
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Trying to find the best cheap but good headset for a beginner DJ

Trying to find the best cheap but good headset for a beginner DJ.

I started learning how to DJ weeks ago and I’ve been using a pair of worn out TDK headphones. I’m quite satisfied with the sound quality of TDK but a friend keeps on pushing me to get Sennheiser. The good ones are not too cheap though.

I also had my eye on an Ecandy that is quite cheap yet it has nice reviews but I saw on this article that it might be kids’ headphones. I’m confused now. I want something that would sound like Beats but would be priced just like a Philips. I’m seriously considering this Monster 24k though because it’s gold but it’s too pricey for me.

What are your thoughts on this? Remember, I’m a beginner and I don’t have a lot of money so I just really need one with perfect sound and would cancel noise.

Have a look at Audio Technica - they make good cheap headphones - Sennheiser are very good but really it depends how much you have to spend.
    SC | MC

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Stay away from Monster stuff, like Beats, they make massively overpriced headphones where you pay for a mediocre product where they spends most of the money on advertising instead of making decent headphones. You can get something similar or even better for less money.

These are all sub $200 headphones that will be a WAY better investment than either of the ones you mentioned.

Sennheiser HD-280 Pro $99.50
    V-Moda LP2
    $149.99
    Sennheiser HD6 $149.95
    Pioneer HDJ-C70 $197.00

Tech Guru

Sony 7506. They are about $80 retail.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR7506-P.../dp/B000AJIF4E
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by soundinmotiondj View Post
    Sony 7506. They are about $80 retail.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR7506-P.../dp/B000AJIF4E
    +1 Still the Best headphones under $100

But the OP WANTS his headphones to sound like crap, so maybe not a good choice

9/10 dj's would agree. beats sound like crap

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    Have a look at Audio Technica - they make good cheap headphones - Sennheiser are very good but really it depends how much you have to spend.
    Thank you Nicky. I also want to consider Audio Technica as I read good reviews about their products.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Stay away from Monster stuff, like Beats, they make massively overpriced headphones where you pay for a mediocre product where they spends most of the money on advertising instead of making decent headphones. You can get something similar or even better for less money.

These are all sub $200 headphones that will be a WAY better investment than either of the ones you mentioned.

Sennheiser HD-280 Pro $99.50
    V-Moda LP2
    $149.99
    Sennheiser HD6 $149.95
    Pioneer HDJ-C70 $197.00
    I should go get the Sennheiser now!

I highly recommend Sennheiser HD-201's for bottom-budget headphones that are pretty decent DJ headphones in spite of the price... I paid 25 euro for my pair, and they have survived 2 years, sound pretty good, and have amazingly good isolation for what they are.

Supposedly, they're less tough (maybe I am just very successful at babying my gear), but at the price, they border on disposable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    I have the pro500mk2's. fucking great and they cost me around $200 usd. if you want more production based cans have a look at the m50's ...
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

Have you considered b-stock or used? If you're just a beginner, you might want to opt out for lower-priced quality that can get your foot in the door until you put together some money for a new pair. You can find refurbished or b-stock headphones on Amazon or Guitar Center for a really good price. Like $70 for AIAIAI TMA-1 on Amazon (refurb).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast