Rane MP2014 2-channel Rotary Mixer - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

There's no 2 ways about it (and I've never TOUCHED or felt the urge to use a rotary mixer)...

Those are 2 fucking sexy mixers.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Not to blow up his spot... But I do remember him posting very similar renderings around a year ago .
    Congrats and great work if there is a relation (or the outside chance you are psychic lol).

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=86330

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    No, not "how much" but "how?" as in "How does he have a mixer, that's just been announced, sitting in between his TT's"
    It's a pre-production engineering prototype. Been testing/evaluating unit for a bit prior to official announcement yesterday at NAMM.

$2000

great

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    $2000

great
    MAP is $2K, so if history is any indicator of future, I'm guessing street price should land somewhere around $1.7K.

Quote Originally Posted by [O/][iii][O/] View Post
    It's a pre-production engineering prototype. Been testing/evaluating unit for a bit prior to official announcement yesterday at NAMM.
    mr mac, you lucky s.o.b.

I think this is great, means more people will be able to afford a gread rotary mixer.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by [O/][iii][O/] View Post
    MAP is $2K, so if history is any indicator of future, I'm guessing street price should land somewhere around $1.7K.
    so after tax nearly $2000

great

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    so after tax nearly $2000

great
    Depends on your tax rate, but let's say street price comes in at $1,700. Tax rate in Chicago (where it says you're from) is currently 9.75%. That's $165.75 for tax ( $1,865.75 total). Not to mention, tax can all be avoided anyway by simply purchasing online.

Anyway, yes, I agree with you that it is a great bargain at that price - especially when you really take a look at what all you get for under $2K and start adding it up. The MP2014 includes a built-in parametric 3-band isolator as well as what's the equivalent of a Rane SL4 dual-USB soundcard. If you were to add up the extra cost of those additional items if they were separate units you'd be pretty close to the cost of just the mixer alone. Quality costs money, and it's helluva value when you really think about it. Obvious benefits for us DJs who use these tools by having them built-in is greater portability, no extra cables, simpler setup, cleaner signal path, etc. Plus you get the very best 100% digital mixer currently on the planet (along with MP2015 for those that need/want four channels, submix, etc.). If you haven't heard one yet, I recommend you do. Not only a total blast to perform on, sound quality is downright amazing (which IMO is most important thing when it comes to this stuff).

Cheers!

Tech Wizard

I think that the pricepoint of $2k is a bit high compared to the $2.9k of the 2015, although I think that $1.7k street price would not be all that bad. I want to see how it sells - many of Rane's "cut-down" mixers of the past were sales bombs.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Mouse View Post
    I think that the pricepoint of $2k is a bit high compared to the $2.9k of the 2015, although I think that $1.7k street price would not be all that bad. I want to see how it sells - many of Rane's "cut-down" mixers of the past were sales bombs.
    Hi Monkey House - Out of curiosity, what Rane mixers have been "cut-down" in past and which of those were considered "sales bombs"? Also, if you don't mind me asking, how is your decision for purchasing a mixer for you impacted by how well it happens to sells to others? Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Cheers!

PS: Regarding "pricepoint of $2k is a bit high compared to the $2.9k of the 2015", remember, MP2015 is $3.5K MAP with a street price of ~$2.9K. Just making sure apples are being compared to apples.
    Last edited by [O/][iii][O/]; 01-24-2016 at 06:08 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast