Novation controller with Traktor problems setting up. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Stewe,
    I hope this helps...see attached. Also, I hope you can read the cc #s.
    First, you were right. it was an on/off toggle. i tired mapping the wet/dry to the first infinite encoder, to no avail.

I screwed around, for the first time ever, with the looping functions and really dig it...was a lot of fun when playing breaks.

so what's next? A decent control for loading and cueing would be first, and using the effects and looping.

Thanks again for your time.
    KurtCapture2.JPG

Tech Convert

I should also ask: does the midi channel number matter? I want to also control Reason with this device and the instructions ive read so far say that needs to be done with channel 1 (controls), channel 2 (keyboard) and channel 3 (mixer)....so does that mean I need to use channel 4 for Traktor?

Sorry for my naivete...I'm new to MIDI.
    Kurt

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by littletree43 View Post
    Stewe,
    I hope this helps...see attached. Also, I hope you can read the cc #s.
    Looks great. Can you also grab the values for keys in a same way?

First, you were right. it was an on/off toggle.
    Cool. That makes sense. If you can't change the button type to hold then try set a hold type command in Traktor and map it to any toggle type button on your controller. That should work as well.

i tired mapping the wet/dry to the first infinite encoder, to no avail.
    See attachment. I mapped encoders based on CC's you provided. It would be great if we can figure out encoders first because they are most complex controls.

Encoders_FX1+FX2.zip

As for multiple software the Ch4 should work for traktor, but do you have some presets for different templates built in to controller?

Tech Convert

I remember now...template 32...the last one...supposedly is for Reason. but I've not read up much on it.

Thank you, i'll bring in your zip file later this afternoon.
    Kurt

Tech Convert

Stewe,
    I did an import with the tsi file you sent. After screwing around for a while and getting frustrated (as in, i could not get any of the three items imported to work...that isn't blame, that's me not understanding this stuff) i decided to delete every midi device shown and now am trying to start from scratch by deleting all of the ports as well...see attached, circled, both in and out. how is that done?
    I am going to spend the rest of this evening reading the rest of the novation sl manual.Capture3.JPG

What is the Traktor version again?
    Have you make sure to use Big Import button when Importing the file? Set MIDI port?

You can not delete those ports but you also don't need to think about them as long as your mapping is properly ported to 3-SL MK2.
    I see that Traktor is reading MIDI IN. Can you also see the MIDI OUT port?

Tech Convert

Version 1.2.7
    I tried the import, using that button, and got no results.
    i've attached a photo of the controller manager as is...yes i believe the midi out is set up too.

i thank you for your efforts...i feel like a moron not being able to get this to work.Capture4.JPG

Tech Convert

as you can see, i tried doing my own load into stopped deck, but it didn't work.

Oh, I had exported that TSI from 2.10 - you'll need at least 2.5 to get it to work.

Is there some specific reason you're still at 1.2.7? CPU usage? Can you eventually update to Traktor Pro 2?
    I don't really remember how all the mappings commands were assigned back then. There was a mayor regrouping in the Controller Manager that happened in 2.5.

Tech Convert

there is no reason i haven't upgraded. i have a new laptop as of a few months ago and it'll run anything, i am just behind the times. so one question then: it seems there are different versions of traktor - LE 2, Pro 2, Scratch Pro 2....really, what's the difference?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast