Novation controller with Traktor problems setting up. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

My advice is to update to newest version of Traktor. Then we will be on a same page mapping wise.

LE stands for limited edition.
    Pro stands for full edition.
    Scratch Pro unlocks the timecode control.

Tech Convert

ordering it right now...

Hi Kurt,
    Have you made any progress with Traktor update?

Tech Convert

Stewe,
    Thanks for asking. I ordered the newest version and it is coming snail mail...likely because i cant give up my timecode records. It will be here Thursday.

I've made only slight progress with getting the Novation to run Reason...I really thought this would be a lot wasier...it's 2015 for crying out loud, should all this stuff play better together?!

Tech Convert

Stewe,
    I am attaching a pic of the one control i can get to work. you may remember the mapping i mentioned at the beginning of this thread, made by someone else. I imported that and all of the controls controlled stuff they weren't programmed to do. But i thought if i could see the mapping settings it might clue me in to how to set it up. I modified the dry/wet to be controlled by the left-most slider and am going to continue to work at it. I tried to map cc40, the button just below that slider to turn on the effects but it turns out to turn on FX1 and i can map it to either deck, or the focused one...but in toggle mode it takes two button pushes to activate or deactivate, yet in direct mode it simply doesn't do anything.

so that is where i am at now....progress is better than nothing i suppose.
    Kurtdry wet adjust ch01 cc16.JPGfx1 on ch01 cc40.JPG

Since it takes two times to make change on the button then go ahead and set your button command to "Hold" in the Controller Manager.

Can you share the mapping you mentioned before? I'd like to see if I can find out some more on encoders side.

Tech Convert

This is the same one i mentioned at the beginning of our discussion, but it actually worked this time with my updated Traktor.

here is a link: http://www.traktorbible.com/freaks/_...ing.aspx?id=73

I've been modifying each of the mappings and paying attention to the settings for each.

What are the "out" messages for? Everything i've set has been an "in" message.

I have been exporting each time i make a change so i know i have a back up. Would that new, modified tsi file mean anything to you?

Each "OUT" command will take care for one LED button. Example:

Add In > Deck Common > Play

Should be followed by

Add Out > Deck Common > Play

Your modified mapping would be nice to have in our MAPS section (maps.djtechtools.com) because as it is right now we don't have any mappings uploaded under your controller's category

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123