UV powder party indoors - bad idea

Default UV powder party indoors - bad idea

Found this on FB....there were also several pictures of PA and lighting equipment but I think this is enough

Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

dannnggg
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I saw it too. You should expect that shit can happen to your gear though. (or they must have rented it)

Promoter's fault for not shielding the equipment. 2 1X2's and two sheets of plexi glass with a couple screws could have prevented this. Those poor line faders and tempo faders.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Wizard

Reminds me of the gear you see after burning man...cringe

Quote Originally Posted by bmasters View Post
    Reminds me of the gear you see after burning man...cringe
    They say this is much worse - powder is finer (even gets into sealed DSLR lenses) and likes to stick to electrostatic surfaces. Made from corn starch and food paint so it will probably attract moist and then mold if not cleaned. There was a picture of moving heads (that have fans for cooling the units) and they were FULL of this stuff inside.
    Considering price per working hour of cleaning neccessary, all of this is probably ready for trash
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    They say this is much worse - powder is finer (even gets into sealed DSLR lenses) and likes to stick to electrostatic surfaces. Made from corn starch and food paint so it will probably attract moist and then mold if not cleaned. There was a picture of moving heads (that have fans for cooling the units) and they were FULL of this stuff inside.
    Considering price per working hour of cleaning neccessary, all of this is probably ready for trash

Oh man...that's brutal. Couldn't imagine moldy gear. I get annoyed when dust accumulates on my stuff just from being in the house.