Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ekwipt View Post
    The two cue buttons and headphone jacks are a good idea
    whats the market for it?
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    whats the market for it?
    There has been a huge influx of DJ Duos lately. Hell Even Ray Keith and Roni Size did a 2X4 on Rough Tempo today. I for one would oveit. One less mixer in the setup.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Guru

yeah lots of djs in sydney do back to back as well

so is this thing getting revealed this week? thought I heard that somewhere.

im curious if it's going to have a soundcard and if he was just using an external one since it was a prototype

I really wonder about price- hope it's priced closer to a 92 than some of these other mixers but these days 2k+ mixers seem to be the norm

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    so is this thing getting revealed this week? thought I heard that somewhere.

im curious if it's going to have a soundcard and if he was just using an external one since it was a prototype

I really wonder about price- hope it's priced closer to a 92 than some of these other mixers but these days 2k+ mixers seem to be the norm
    Getting revealed tomorrow via Boiler Room with a pretty A+ cast of characters

I'm exhausted with all this now, not sure I really care anymore!

I think it will have an inbuilt souncard - it seems to be the trend.

I reckon its an allen & heath prototype, black box, no branding. Gotta be what they're working on. Doesn't look all that different to a normal DJ mixer though, apart from the omission of the cross fader ...

Tech Mentor

Well finally we got the whole mixer explained on DJTT. Interesting, but not as revolutionary as promised. However, it is the greatest Mixer to play back to back ever. 2 Cues and six Channels. So each one controlls 3 decks and you use 2 Laptops with a midi Clock and off you go with Traktor, Ableton or whatever. Could be some interesting combinations coming up there.

Tech Guru

I think it's pretty revolutionary man, it's the most perfect feature rich analog mixer out there. It's taken everything into account, the only problem is the price, AUD exchange rate is: $3,903.59 AUD Ouch.

not sure what you were hoping for?

Allen and Heath (made in china now)

Allen Rigby Jones / RH has bought the manufacturing back to the UK, using the top end components.

It's the most perfect techno mixer ever!

ANALOG OVERDRIVE!
    A unique feature on every input, the DRIVE control. This control allows the user to adjust the level at which the channel pre-amplifier clips the input signal, thus creating harmonic distortion as a creative effect.

Gone is the 4 range EQ though, i wonder about the changes in mixing

MIXER LINK

A system that allows multiple mixers to be linked together, either for use with two or more performers, or as a way to expand the number of channels. When Linked together the mixers share a common balanced mix feeding the PA and Booth monitors. In addition, the two Cue systems are joined allowing interactive cueing between multiple performers.

ZERO CROSSING CIRCUITRY

All internal routing utilizes our zero-crossing detection system that helps minimize audio switching artifacts for channel filter selection, master filter on/off and master eq on/off. This system allows each of these functions to be used quickly and intuitively as performance effects.

D-SUBS IN

Two fully balanced TASCAM DB25 inputs receiving all 8 Stereo channels for rapid connections to external soundcards and added flexibility in club installs. (who's gonna make an Audio 8 Dsub for this thing

FRONT MOUNTED RECORD OUT

Mounted on the front panel at the top of the Master section the RECORD OUT - 3.5mm TRS Jack socket feeds the post Master EQ signal as a pre- fader record output. Nominal level is –2dB

DUALCUE

Two independent Cue systems, A and B. Cue A routes to the right hand side headphone monitor and the Cue B routes to the left hand headphone monitor. The DualCue system makes it much easier for two DJs to perform on the mixer together in "Back2Back" setups, as each can select a separate channel to monitor without interfering with the other. This feature also assists DJ's handing off to each other in a smooth and natural way.

Another $4,000 mixer

They should just price it at $10,000 at this point

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast