Is this the new Richie Hawtin/Allen & Heath Play Different mixer???? - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

There's an EQ, it's parametric. The boost cut knob does exactly what it says and the knob above it selects the frequency to boost or cut. I just wonder if there's a selectable "Q" for it.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    There's an EQ, it's parametric. The boost cut knob does exactly what it says and the knob above it selects the frequency to boost or cut. I just wonder if there's a selectable "Q" for it.
    That would make sense with the 2 buttons.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    A digital mixer with software EQ components perhaps?

Possibly, I still have a tascam X9 from back in the day. It had parametric EQ's but the "Q" width was set using a menu. It was/still is a great digital mixer but it's now just sitting in my closet as I upgraded to the Denon DN X1700. I'm really curious to see the manual for this thing. It looks promising but I'm not exactly in the market for a new mixer right now.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Wizard

theres no way this is going to be sub 1.5k dollars.

Tech Guru

n o it's going to be very very expensive, it looks like it has it's own DSP system as well

Tech Wizard

you mean built in fx? cause in the last 5-6 months Hawtin's has been using some fx that sound different from the ones he's been using since 2003.

Tech Mentor

As I expected, further news to be announced at Musikmesse.
    https://m.facebook.com/home.php#!/ri...540074/?type=3

Nice so this is a more advanced version of the filter mixing offered on the db4. It's possible "sculpt" controls resonance. If you haven't used filter mixing (korg firewire units also offer it apparently), it's amazing; I feel a lot more in control of the sound that way. But Q control is a big part of why it feels so useful; not sure it would be as good without it.

Not that this will be affordable any time soon (and I certainly have no need for 6 channels). I'm not sure of the need for this, and as cool as filter mixing is, it's hardly the revolution promised in the advertising tease. I guess we'll see...
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Mentor

These inits have been used at several gigs by several artist already and yet there is no leak showing us the full mixer. I don't like this kind of mystery marketing. Tell us all about it or leave it :-(

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast