Djm2000 vs xone 92
    Tech Student

Default Djm2000 vs xone 92

Hi there. I currently own a DJM700. However i am thinking about upgrading to the xone 92 or djm2000. i love my djm700, and had no problems. But id like to add more detail into my mixes. Id like to point out that i dont use any of the onboard FX on the pioneer, just the filter, and i dont find it that great! Iv been told the xone filters are miles better! Also i have an EFX500. And i decent exteral audio interface to run traktor through it. so basically im not interested in the onboard fx the djm2000 has to offer, nor the built in sound card.
    So with that...would you recommend the djm2000 stil? Or go with the xone??

if you arent interested in the fx then obviously a djm2000 would not be your choice

personally, i would get a xone 92 over it... if i could afford it lol

cosign, i your case definitely go with the xone. Bet you will enjoy the sound better swell.
    -------------------------
    2x Technics 1200 mk5, Ecler nuo 3.0.

Xone 92...
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Tech Wizard

you literally answered your question for yourself

The DJm2000's work flow is slow and horrible IMO
    Xone:92 does the basics the best it can be done. Filters have amazing control (i often use them to cut sub bass but nothing else) and the 4 band EQ allows greater control and smoothness of mixes

I wish I would have found this forum before I bought my DJM-2000.

It is a pretty fun mixer to look at. Still have not put it to use. Building my studio. Bought the gear to put into the studio after it was built.

MD

I've played on both. It really depends on the style you play, and if you need the built-in hub of the 2000 IMO.

I really really really like playing on the Xone 92. But I wouldn't buy one. I wouldn't buy a DJM-2000 either. I'd go with the standard DJM-900 - and the reason is really just the overall combination of features and being used to what you are most likely going to encounter in the field.

Don't get me wrong - having 4 EQ's is an absolute pleasure to play on. The DJM-2000 has some neat features with the touch-screen and otherwise as well.

But you will only be playing on it if you are at home or if you are using your own gear for a gig. The majority of the time you'll be on a DJM-900.

It comes down to what you want to do. Have exactly what you want at home and be off when you play out live, or practice on the same stuff you'll be playing with when you play out.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Bassline Brine View Post
    It comes down to what you want to do. Have exactly what you want at home and be off when you play out live, or practice on the same stuff you'll be playing with when you play out.
    Yeah I agree but it's just a mixer, it's not that hard to work out

(get the xone)
    SC | MC

Tech Convert

I've owned both (actually - I've also owned the DB4 and DJM-900, it has been quite the journey to find the ideal mixer :-S)

The DJM-2000 is somewhat underrated I believe. It has some advantages above the DJM-900 in terms of how you can apply both effects and filters as you have more options to dial things in more subtle. Also the middle section give room for loads of creativity, if that suits the music you play. That will take time to master, and probably has its drawbacks compared to other instruments. Effects have the 3-band filtering, you can use it as an isolator type of device. Really neat addition to and EFX I think. However, in the end it will never become a Xone (92 or DB4) in terms of sound quality and adjustability/subtleness of the filters and effects.

Now the Xone 92 is the best mixer in terms of being 'just' a mixer. The 4 EQ's per channel and wonderful sound allow you to make the best blends in your mixes ever. That does however need to suite your style of music. I love to make long running subtle blends from one track to another, that is best with the Xone. Adding effects is something different with the Xone, I have had an EFX attached to it, but I never managed to make acceptable sounding use of it, it's not just turning a dry/wet knob as the returns are on a separate channel and can 'clash' with the source sound.

My kids love it when I make these EDM mixes for them and that style of music does not benefit from neither filters of subtle eq on the Xone. In that case a DJM-900/2000 is much more suitable with the 3-band EQ's (quickly 'flip' the base, mix out with perhaps an effect, easy). Xone 92 is really not your friend for that type of mixing.

So it really depends on your style of music and needs. If you do not feel the DJM's onboard effects will be of value do no bother with it and make your choice between the DJM-900 or Xone 92.

Tech Guru

Techno/Minimal/Etc -> Xone

EDM -> DJM 900, cus the 2000 is just too much for the way EDM is mixed IMO

That's my 2 cents.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag