Mod: DJM-S9 pads into CDJ-2000NXS2 ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Mod: DJM-S9 pads into CDJ-2000NXS2 ?

I know this will appeal to a very limited number of people, but I'd love it, so here it is: would it be possible to route the DJM-S9 Performance Pads into the DJM 2000NXS2?

1. We know that the S9 performance pads are a Midi Controller working with any DJ software.
    2. We know that the CDJ-2000 NXS2 USB Port can talk with a Midi Controller such as the DDJ-SP1
    3. Pioneer said that they'd expand their midi control options in the future (NXS2 firmwares and products)

So this S9 / 2000NXS2 100% standalone combo seems totally doable (and exciting) hardware-wise to me. It would be more a matter of firmware update / advanced community hack.

Can I show some excitement, or am I missing a crucial point?

(x thread from Pioneer's forum)

Yeah, but then how would Pioneer sell their RekordboxDJ software?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Wizard

I think Pioneer remains a "no computer" company, even tho they're clearly stepping up their game with RB. I was at the DJM900NXS2 / CDJ2000NXS2 presentation yesterday and they kept stressing out that computer is cool for preparation and amateurs / semi-pro, but that the real deal is standalone.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieurLam View Post
    I think Pioneer remains a "no computer" company, even tho they're clearly stepping up their game with RB. I was at the DJM900NXS2 / CDJ2000NXS2 presentation yesterday and they kept stressing out that computer is cool for preparation and amateurs / semi-pro, but that the real deal is standalone.
    I think the fact they're serious about releasing DVS contradicts your statement.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Tech Wizard

Yeah, I've no firm stance on Pioneer's future priorities. They'll want to dominate everywhere, in the end :>

Back to the subject: is my S9/2000NXS2 combo possible?

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieurLam View Post
    Yeah, I've no firm stance on Pioneer's future priorities. They'll want to dominate everywhere, in the end :>

Back to the subject: is my S9/2000NXS2 combo possible?
    As I said, that combo will be possible as soon S9 becomes compatible with RB so there is no way Pioneer denies itself the money and takes away the incentive for you to upgrade your RB with the DJ add-on.

Tech Wizard

Ah, didn't understand it this way!

Still, the DJM-2000NXS2/DDJ-SP1 combo doesn't even need any RB compatibility to work...

That's because SP1 was not selling as they hoped. As soon as they launched it, Serato added RGB support so all the other controllers after it had RGB pads. Do you really think it was a coincidence they found a second purpose for it haha

Also, without a laptop you cannot adjust certain parameters on the S9 (cut in on the x fader example) so it makes no sense to use it without.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

I wouldn't be surprised if the slash the SP1 and update it with RGB pads and Flip controls.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post

Also, without a laptop you cannot adjust certain parameters on the S9 (cut in on the x fader example) so it makes no sense to use it without.
    You definitely, it's a hardware knob on the front panel.

I wouldn't be surprised if the slash the SP1 and update it with RGB pads and Flip controls.
    THe fact that they announce more options in the near future hints to a possible SP2, yeah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast