EQ Based FX in Traktor - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor elohyspoissonpilote's Avatar

I just made a 3 buttons and a knob mapping on my F1 (Midi mode page with a lot of instant effects).
    When I push one button; it isolates one frequency band (high, for example) by killing the 2 others (medium and bass).
    and so on for each band i want to isolate.
    The knob is mapped in order to focus on the deck I want to apply the EQ isolation, and then, apply one of my instant effect.

Give em about 4 or 5 more updates. It will happen.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by elohyspoissonpilote View Post
    I just made a 3 buttons and a knob mapping on my F1
    it isolates one frequency band (high, for example) by killing the 2 others (medium and bass).
    Wait, what?

Do you mean you push a button and the FX is active just for a particular frequency band of a deck?

That is exacly what I need!

What is the mapping for it?
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Mentor elohyspoissonpilote's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
    Wait, what?

Do you mean you push a button and the FX is active just for a particular frequency band of a deck?

That is exacly what I need!

What is the mapping for it?
    mmm, not exactly.
    I have 3 button mapped to frquency isolation i want: 1 for isolate High, 1 for mid, 1 for bass.
    So, first you have to choose the frequency you want o apply the effect (1 of the 3 "isolator" buttons and then apply you instant FX in the diiferent FXs available you have (in my mapping, 16 pads = 16 differents effects) the "isolators" are on 3 buttons just under the faders.
    This mapping is underupdate so you cannot find it at the moment. Maybe on the end of this week end. Will be available on Dj Techtools and Traktorbible. You can actually find a previous version without isolator on both website (PoissonPilote)

Just one pimportant précision: in my way of doing it, you apply the effect only on the frequency wich is not killed by isolator, so that's mean you have the effect only on the chosen frequency, but you don't hear the other frequency. if you kill bass and high, you will only hear the FX on the mid, bass and high will disappear from the musical message. Not sure that is exactly what you want (apply FX on one frequency but still here the frequency where you not apply effect).
    Last edited by elohyspoissonpilote; 02-03-2016 at 11:53 AM.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by elohyspoissonpilote View Post
    Just one pimportant précision: in my way of doing it, you apply the effect only on the frequency wich is not killed by isolator, so that's mean you have the effect only on the chosen frequency, but you don't hear the other frequency. if you kill bass and high, you will only hear the FX on the mid, bass and high will disappear from the musical message. Not sure that is exactly what you want (apply FX on one frequency but still here the frequency where you not apply effect).
    That's the problem, I don't want to cut other frequency bands.

What I want is a RMX-1000 kind of thing, for those who have already used it. But instead of knobs for choosing which frequency band will be affected by the FX, I would be happy with buttons.

I kinda played a lil bit with mappings already, so I'm pretty sure there is no easy way of doing it, like not having to load other decks with mirrored tracks for example.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    Give em about 4 or 5 more updates. It will happen.
    This... and then about 2-3 updates after that, it will be bug-free enough to actually use in a live situation.

Slightly offtopic. But IIRC my trusted Behringer DDM 4000 had frequency isolated FX.

Damn if they relaunched this mixer with better build quality and sound it would totally smash the DJM NSX2!

Tech Guru

Also VST's in Traktor would solve this and many other stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12