EQ Based FX in Traktor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default EQ Based FX in Traktor

Wouldn't it be cool? Let NI hear you!
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Just buy the new DJM900! ;0
    2 x Technics 1210 MKII, Pioneer-DJM 900 Nexus, Traktor Scratch Pro, NI F1,
    Ableton Live 9.6 Suite, Ableton Push, Studio One 3, Moog Sub37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg MS-20 Mini, Yamaha TG-77, TR-8, Rhodes MKI Stage, Wurlitzer 200a, couple pedals, couple amps, lots of software and a freakin iPad

Tech Guru

I just though that as new club standard has it, a software like traktor should have it too
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Mentor

Some effects have filters built in in the single mode. For those that don't you could add a filter to the start of a group.
    Filters are a lot more precise than 3 buttons, so i'd say Traktor is still way ahead although far more complex.
    Xone DB4 | Pioneer DDJ-SP1 | DJ Tech CDJ 101 (x2) | Serato DJ
    NI X1 MKII | NI Scratch A6 | MF Twister | Traktor Pro 2
    Sennheiser HD 25 II | KRK Rokit 5 (x2) | Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
    Mixed In Key 8 | MusicBrainz Picard | Mixxx 2

You could emulate it, with a little work... load the same track on two decks, cut the EQs on each to where you're interested, apply the effect on the one you want, et voila! If you are a two-deck DJ, then that could be one use for the other two.

Not a great solution, but... a thought exercise, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by deathy View Post
    You could emulate it, with a little work... load the same track on two decks, cut the EQs on each to where you're interested, apply the effect on the one you want, et voila! If you are a two-deck DJ, then that could be one use for the other two.

The tekken effects mapping for the f1 has this already build in
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rob2192 View Post
    Some effects have filters built in in the single mode. For those that don't you could add a filter to the start of a group.
    Filters are a lot more precise than 3 buttons, so i'd say Traktor is still way ahead although far more complex.
    But wouldn't it cut the other frequencies? I want the FX to reach some particular frequencies, but don't cut others in the process.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by deathy View Post

That sounds cool, but I still think 3 buttons would be better lol

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
    That sounds cool, but I still think 3 buttons would be better lol
    At the end you can make it up to 4 buttons. If you use Xone mixer setting.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
    But wouldn't it cut the other frequencies? I want the FX to reach some particular frequencies, but don't cut others in the process.
    I'm sure the DJM would do the same if you turn the dry/wet up to full so you only here the effected sound, which has some eq bands killed.

Say you want reverb only on set frequencies in Traktor, you use the effect in single mode:
    1. control the amount of reverb with the dry/wet (up to 50% you add the effected sound to the original, more than 50% you start to cut the original until only the effected sound remains)
    2. Use knobs 1 & 2 to set the high and low pass cutoffs frequencies (shape the frequencies that are sent to the reverb)
    3. Use knob 3 to set the size of the reverb
    Xone DB4 | Pioneer DDJ-SP1 | DJ Tech CDJ 101 (x2) | Serato DJ
    NI X1 MKII | NI Scratch A6 | MF Twister | Traktor Pro 2
    Sennheiser HD 25 II | KRK Rokit 5 (x2) | Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
    Mixed In Key 8 | MusicBrainz Picard | Mixxx 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast