Strange issue with Traktor/DN-X1600 DVS
    Tech Mentor

Default Strange issue with Traktor/DN-X1600 DVS

Last night at a house party I was using Traktor timecode DVS with my DN-X1600 and Macbook Pro... half way through the night, after about 5 hours usage, the sound suddenly became garbled, it's hard to explain the sound, but it's as if it went really low quality, robotic sounding.. the track started jumping all over the place..

Load in Traktor was low, and the calibration signal looked good on the DVS.

It happened on both decks (Technics 1210) so it is more than likely a software issue, however i tried all the usual stuff cleaning the vinyl, checking needles, connections, etc etc..

Even with the both decks stopped there was some sort of cracking noise/feedback coming through the monitors.

I decided to restart the mixer and restart Traktor... but this only made the problem worse.. I couldn't get anything to play in either deck.. Time code wasn't being picked up, on the platter/calibration section in Traktor it said 'Scratch disabled' and the two vinyl (absolute,normal) buttons were greyed out... I could press the standard traktor play button but the track wouldn't actually play... I couldn't even scrub the track with my mouse.

My only option was to restart laptop and then run through the setup wizard again, I even reset the mixer, reconnected all cables... NOTHING!!

.. another 5/10 mins messing about it just randomly started working again... it was fine the rest of the night and i'm left scratching my head.

Any ideas?

El Captian, Retina Macbook Pro (8GB ram, i7), Traktor 2.10, Dennon DNX1600, Technics 1210s

Tech Mentor

I guess no one having same issue so i'll rephrase my question.

Has NI given up on certified mixers? It seems like they gave it a push and then it fizzled out, are they bothered about making sure they're well supported in the future? I done a lot of digging and found lots of people having trouble with certified mixers.

Would I be best off with a standalone Audio6/8 and a standard mixer? I'm not looking forward to these random issues at the next party.

I have had this problem (without time code) in the past too, for me just restarting Traktor was the solution. Only happened to me once, exactly the same as you had, low CPU sort of slowing down robotic like sound.
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

I've had it with my X1700 in the past. Normally I just turn off mixer and turn it on again and it sorts itself out. Has probably happened twice in 2 years of ownership. It is very weird.
    TSP2, Rane 64, 2x SL1210 (restored and customised), Shure M44-7 Carts, X1 Mk 2, Launchpad.

http://www.sounditoutrecords.co.uk
    https://soundcloud.com/theworkhouse-sessions